Help with ABS/BRAKE light following gear install in 2008 Silverado

Hello, I have been having an issue for sometime and I just need to get it fixed. 2008 Silverado extended cab 4x4 with 5.3L. Originally had 3.73 gears. I have lifted and put 37s on it and it had no power. Decided to swap gears. Went to a 4.88 and the shop recalibrated the speedo, but after driving for a mile or two the ABS/Brake light would come on. To me this was more annoying than the speedo being off, so I took it back and they reset the computer to where those lights wont come on, but the speedo is 17% off. Then one day while merging into traffic, I realized that my shift points are all whacko! The truck will not shift at wide open throttle and just bounces off the rev limiter. I previously tried a Jet tuner, but it did not work. I have found a solution here , but it is for a Classic body style. Does anyone know how to get this fixed or if the solution on the Cl;assic will work for mine. Thanks in advance for any insight!

• Like 1

A wheel speed sensor is probably the issue.  It either needs to be plugged back in or replaced, have to inspect each corner and pull the codes with a Tech-2 so you are not wasting time and money with the parts cannon.

If yours were mine I would take it to a professional tuner to adjust the engine and transmission for the tires, BlackBear or someone local once the ABS light is off.

Part of the problem is that we can not edit the ABS system. So if you tune the computer for 37's and 4.88's it will always set the ABS and stabilitrak lights off. Some people have put in the computer that it's only running 34's or 35's to try and stop the issue, then just deal with the speedo being a little less off.

But even that may not always work.