Black Bear Performance

kivetts04dmax

I have a Black Bear Performance AutoCal efi live for sale. I bought it back in like 2017 and never put it on my truck because I was out of state. I have sold that truck and it has just been sitting here collecting dust. It was for a 2015 Silverado 5.3L but they told me they could be used on other vehicles. List on their website is $650.

$400 Shipped.

D5DE0D25-DD46-4C14-947F-58B913339C4F.jpeg

710395B9-F123-47E4-97B7-774F9EDC4B80.jpeg

Question for you on this, reading the details about this on the Black Bear performance site, it says that it is a custom tune to your specific truck, do you know if you can transfer the ownership to get the free updates for the one vehicle?

Why not? I am not the one selling it, he owns it and so assume he would know if you can transfer this or if I would have to pay an additional $400 to get my VIN Added.

If the Autocal has never been connected for logging, then the current license should be valid.  Always check with BBP with any questions. Give them the serial number from the unit and you will find out the history of the unit

Edited by txab

It is my understanding that you will only get the hardware. All the other stuff to actually tune is software and you have to get the license or credits  for that.  Black Bear can set that all up. 

Having a Black Bear tune on my 2016 Suburban and had one on my 2002 Silverado. To me it is well worth it.  They can't do to much past 2018 models if I remember correctly.  Just have to contact them or go to their web site to find out.

I’m pretty sure when you purchase it, it comes with a license on it. I’ve always bought them (tractor, diesel trucks) with 1 vin license. This AutoCal has never been hooked up so it still has the vin license. I contacted BBP and they said it could be used for other configurations as well. Just hook it up, log stock file, send to BBP, they write a specific tune like if you have a CAI or whatever, they email it back to you and you load it. This should be the only purchase you make.

The license applies to hardware and vehicle. Multiple vehicles can be tuned with 1 autocal. Each vehicle needs it's own separate license however. I missed the part where you say you never connected for logging, therefor no vehicle should be locked to one of the available slots on the Autocal. Your situation is different than most. Once you log, BBP has all the info they need on your vehicle to lock 1 available slot on the Autocal to it

Edited by txab
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kivetts04dmax said:

I’m pretty sure when you purchase it, it comes with a license on it. I’ve always bought them (tractor, diesel trucks) with 1 vin license. This AutoCal has never been hooked up so it still has the vin license. I contacted BBP and they said it could be used for other configurations as well. Just hook it up, log stock file, send to BBP, they write a specific tune like if you have a CAI or whatever, they email it back to you and you load it. This should be the only purchase you make.

Thanks, that answers my question.