Power steering issue

So I know and see the power steering issues that are everywhere... but my power steering goes out whenever I put my 2017 silverado into 4 wheel drive does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by swaukechon

7 minutes ago, swaukechon said:

So I know and see the power steering issues that are everywhere... but my power steering goes out whenever I put my 2017 silverado into 4 wheel drive does anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the site.

Are you getting any messages on the dash? Is the steering just really "heavy" while trying to turn the wheels while in 4HI/4LO? 

26 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

Are you getting any messages on the dash? Is the steering just really "heavy" while trying to turn the wheels while in 4HI/4LO? 

I'll check what it says 

• Like 1

It says power steering drive with care when it's in 2 wheel but when I switch it to 4 it says something else I can't do it rn because I need to drive home from work yet and if I switch it I won't have power steering 

17 hours ago, swaukechon said:

It says power steering drive with care when it's in 2 wheel but when I switch it to 4 it says something else I can't do it rn because I need to drive home from work yet and if I switch it I won't have power steering 

Maybe this is your problem.

MC-10137514-9999.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got it in the shop. They reprogrammed the module and it cleared the code gotta wait and see if it stays gone ill update in a few weeks after the next snow probably. Thanks for the help it is appreciated 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...