Heated Seats Don't Work

The heated portion of my seats (both) don't work, but the ventilated/cooled portion does. I read this was a problem for the 2014's but not a whole lot of talk about the fix. I never asked the previous owner about it. Noticed it weeks later when it got cold. Could have failed years ago. 

Are both seats tied together or work independently? I get the feeling based on what I have read it's a complicated system, even the dealers got stumped. I checked fuses, nothing blown. I guess I could live without them but sure is nice on those cold mornings......

1 hour ago, PSquare said:

The heated portion of my seats (both) don't work, but the ventilated/cooled portion does. I read this was a problem for the 2014's but not a whole lot of talk about the fix. I never asked the previous owner about it. Noticed it weeks later when it got cold. Could have failed years ago. 

Are both seats tied together or work independently? I get the feeling based on what I have read it's a complicated system, even the dealers got stumped. I checked fuses, nothing blown. I guess I could live without them but sure is nice on those cold mornings......

This should give you somewhere to start your search:

Both my bottom cushions quit heating on my 2014 Sierra in 2017. The backs still heated. Had them replaced but had to pay the dealer. Truck was just out of warranty and GM paid for 40% of the bill. Only 48000 miles on the truck when they both failed.  Known problem issue for these trucks. At least the 14's. Hopefully they improved the heating pad. Especially the ones they put back in my truck.  

1 hour ago, Ed S said:

Both my bottom cushions quit heating on my 2014 Sierra in 2017. The backs still heated. Had them replaced but had to pay the dealer. Truck was just out of warranty and GM paid for 40% of the bill. Only 48000 miles on the truck when they both failed.  Known problem issue for these trucks. At least the 14's. Hopefully they improved the heating pad. Especially the ones they put back in my truck.  

I have 2015 sierra 1500 heated cloth and both my bottoms quilt working.  Same with mine backs still working. Was going to have them replaced but I'm sure it's not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

if you own a 2014, at some point in time the heated seats will stop working, the A/C condenser will leak, your negative battery cable may go bad. there are many common problems on the 2014's that GM didnt get remedied until ate 2015 and into the 2016 models. I own a 2014

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, 15 Z71 said:

I have 2015 sierra 1500 heated cloth and both my bottoms quilt working.  Same with mine backs still working. Was going to have them replaced but I'm sure it's not cheap.

It was around $300.00 but GMC paid 40%.