2500 vs 3500 Lift Kits

I’ve got a ‘20 3500HD SRW and for some reason almost every lift maker out there makes them for 2500’s but only a couple do the 3500’s. Some of the fitment comments I’ve found say they won’t work with overloads. For instance the Superlift P/N K1013 3” UCA lift says it won’t work with overloads but they list it for the 3500HD. I’ve reached out to them but no response.

Every 3500 has overloads since 2001 so why now do they not make kits? What is so different about the 3500 with overloads that they can’t make a kit? In the past it was just a longer u-bolt required. 

Anyone in the know about this?

It's the width/length (that's what I was told) on the u bolts that's the problem, so I had to piece mine together, cognito 3 in performance kit w-fox 2.0 shocks. And suspension max diff drop. Suspension max is also where I got the rear 1ton block kit from, I went with 1 in, but they also have 1.5 and 2 in I believe. You could prolly buy most any lift you want and just source the rear block/ u bolt kit separately.

Edited by Kjduvall

8 hours ago, Kjduvall said:

It's the width/length (that's what I was told) on the u bolts that's the problem, so I had to piece mine together, cognito 3 in performance kit w-fox 2.0 shocks. And suspension max diff drop. Suspension max is also where I got the rear 1ton block kit from, I went with 1 in, but they also have 1.5 and 2 in I believe. You could prolly buy most any lift you want and just source the rear block/ u bolt kit separately.

They make all sorts of different u bolts so if that’s all it is I still don’t understand why companies can’t put a kit together. 

With that 3” cognito and 1” block did it sit level or have a bit of a rake still?

Edited by L8T

pretty level for my taste  , yet i still have alot of adjustment ln the front left to go up more if i want. mine is a reg cab long box but you get the idea, 1in or 1.5in block is about perfect in my opinion. also try to find the leveling kit thread on here it gave me alot of trucks to look at and helped me decide on the parts i purchased.IMG_20210810_152446.thumb.jpg.bbc6db35d9a90d079a4af1da7cdb6c55.jpg

Nice looking rig. What size tires and rim offset? I went with 20x10 -18 with 285/65R20 Toyo C/T’s and just turning up the bars isn’t quite enough on the front to keep from rubbing. (Picture is with the Radar Renegade’s I briefly ran)

A3619CD8-E60D-4DF7-9C25-F84016A6E6A6.jpeg

Edited by L8T
  • Like 1

Fuel covert bronze 20/10 -18 and Nitto ridge grappler 35/12.5 r20, I had to do slight trimming on the inside of front mud flaps and that's it , could have turned up the bars more but the height was right where I wanted it.

Edited by Kjduvall
  • Like 1

Just went out to the shed and measured it, from level ground to bottom ove wheel well trim centered with tire it's, 43 3/4in front and 43 7/8 rear with a half tank gas. Keep in mind mine is reg cab long bed, a 4 door short bed might have more ass weight and the 1.5in blocks may work better for your truck. Especially if you want a slight rake, but I think 2in is too much...... My .2¢ any way happy wrenching sir....