2021 GMC SIERRA - TWO EVENTS FIRST AT 520 MILES SECOND AT 1333 MILES - ENGINE POWER REDUCED

Both events kept vehicle in dealer's hands for 7 days - Baker Motors in Charleston SC only has ONE Master Tech able to do the work and even tho I was a repeat problem I was not put ahead of anyone therefore after the part came in it was two days more to get repaired.

I had a warning about the DEF system, and a countdown of 100 miles until reduced speed, but it went away, and the dealer was unable to determine what caused it.  My suspicion is that it was due to running low on fuel beforehand.  After re-filling, it took it away to start up again.  No issues since.

My 3.0 currently has the same problem. First exhaust check engine light, dealer ordered parts, gave it back. 2 weeks later service Def system, 95 miles to reduced speed. Sat in front of the house for two weeks, dealer got the parts after almost 30 days, then could not replicate the first problem. Now high ambient temperature CEL. What a piece of ****** and Chevy dealers are not helpful at all. 4 months of ownership and only driven less 2.5 months. When I get it back may trade in on a Toyota Tundra 

On 1/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, Dmax3 said:

I had a warning about the DEF system, and a countdown of 100 miles until reduced speed, but it went away, and the dealer was unable to determine what caused it.  My suspicion is that it was due to running low on fuel beforehand.  After re-filling, it took it away to start up again.  No issues since.

Edited by AppDawg

13 hours ago, AppDawg said:

My 3.0 currently has the same problem. First exhaust check engine light, dealer ordered parts, gave it back. 2 weeks later service Def system, 95 miles to reduced speed. Sat in front of the house for two weeks, dealer got the parts after almost 30 days, then could not replicate the first problem. Now high ambient temperature CEL. What a piece of ****** and Chevy dealers are not helpful at all. 4 months of ownership and only driven less 2.5 months. When I get it back may trade in on a Toyota Tundra 

This has been my only real issue, and it never actually reduced speed.  32,000 miles on mine now, couldn't imagine trading it for any other engine.