2017 Silverado HD - both high beams not working

The blue hi-beam dashboard light appears when I turn them on, but that's all that happens.

Just got this car delivered from an online dealer, and they said they will cover the repair costs, but I live in the middle of nowhere and would like to see if I can resolve the issue myself.  Tried finding where there is a fuse for the hi-beams, but there doesn't seem to be one, so I'm all out of ideas at this point :( 

Any help is much appreciated!!

Ok, so took it into the dealer and was advised there is an internal relay thats part of or under the fusebox? that was shorted out. They recommended replacing entire fuse box. Total estimate was $650 including parts/labor + $150 to diagnose.

Seller refunded me the $800, so wondering how much work this would be to do this myself and just replace the relay without the fusebox if thats possible.  

I once encountered this problem exactly the same symptoms the fuse was good the highbeam indicator came on but the little metal terminals that the fuse plugs into had spread and were not making contact.

The entire fuse box pops out fairly easily and there’s a plastic top that comes off of that so that you can squeeze the terminals with a needle nose so as they contact the fuse again. this could possibly be your problem too. 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, monty cardano said:

Ok, so took it into the dealer and was advised there is an internal relay thats part of or under the fusebox? that was shorted out. They recommended replacing entire fuse box. Total estimate was $650 including parts/labor + $150 to diagnose.

Seller refunded me the $800, so wondering how much work this would be to do this myself and just replace the relay without the fusebox if thats possible.  

No, relay is a PCB (printed circuit board) relay, no replacement other than replacing the entire fuse box.

Box is relatively easy to change.  Disconnect your neg. battery cable, undo any wires on the studs on the block (if any).  There are two gray levers that you pull towards each other like a lunch basket, and while doing so, the block will raise up to be pulled out.  

Terminal tension like Scotty4130 suggested is also possible.

Edited by newdude