SDHQ A-pillar light pod mounts or another option

Okay I know this is my first post, but not my first post on off road or tech forums. But anyone every installed these on a 2022 Chevy 2500hd? I previously emailed them just to confirm they would fit and they said they "should". They seem to have a good rep so I went with them. Well the lower bolt on for the lower mount and hinge I could not fit my hand into to get access to. I asked my to try and see if she could do it and she could not either. 

So needless to say I'm in a back and forth email discussion with them because they don't want to talk on the phone. They haven't been helpful and I'm probably going to end them back. 

Anyone else have some thing similar? I'm trying to stay low enough to be able to still into parking garages when we go on vacation. 

Or I just might say screw it and put a headache rack in the back to mount lights. Don't want to but it seems like its looking that way. Don't want to take off the chrome bumper or put a push bar on it because I'm ocdish and it blocks the Chevrolet grill letters 

Thanks,

Dave

https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/20-current-chevy-gmc-2500-3500-sdhq-built-a-pillar-light-mounts

I have no idea what your running into, trying to get a bolt to start with this project.

I know in my wrench turning days, I would have to use swivel sockets with extensions and magnets stuck in the socket (think of those thin rubbery refrigerator magnets), grease or black tape to hold a bolt/nut from what poeple call gravity.

22 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

I have no idea what your running into, trying to get a bolt to start with this project.

I know in my wrench turning days, I would have to use swivel sockets with extensions and magnets stuck in the socket (think of those thin rubbery refrigerator magnets), grease or black tape to hold a bolt/nut from what poeple call gravity.

some pics to explain...

bracket 2.jpg

bracket 3.jpg

Bracket.jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 6:56 PM, THREEWHD said:

some pics to explain...

bracket 2.jpg

bracket 3.jpg

Bracket.jpg

Would removing the inner wheelwell help? They are real easy to drop. Not like old school steel wheelwells.

• 2 weeks later...

I have them on my '21, it wasn't the easiest install. If I remember right, I had a socket on the bolt and moved the whole mount in place. 

If I did it again, I would drop the fender liner and go up. Everything should be right there.

• 1 month later...

I recently put the SDHQ piller light brackets on my 2022 Silverado 2500.  You need 3 skinny arms and have to lay across the engine to get the angle.  Everything had to be done basically blind and by feel.  Was pretty hard using standard tools.  After dropping nuts, wrench, and bolts that had to be fished out from behind the mud flap, I finally ended up suspending the parts in position with string and duct tape so I could then manipulate them with one hand.  They look great.  Certainly not as easy of a job as on my 2012 1500.