Terrible Fuel Millage At Low Speeds

My truck is doing some weird things at low speeds and a cannot figure out what is causing it. when I accelerate very lightly my L/100Km jumps up to the max, but levels out to normal once I am up to speeds. When I am braking everything is good till I hit about 30km/h then I jumps way up again. driving at highway speeds everything is normal. makes no sense to me. I recently put a 3inch front and 2 inch rear leveling kit into my truck, took it in for an alignment, my battery died while it was there and it had to be boosted. after I got it back I started to notice this weird behavior. I'm lost, anyone else have something like this happen?

7 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What you are watching is the instant value. Sounds very normal. Not to worry. 

I thought that maybe I was just being dumb and that it has always been like that, but my average seems to be way up. after driving around town for a couple of minutes my last 100km average is over 20L/100km (11.8mpg) where as it always used to only go up to about 14L/100km (16.8mpg). Maybe I'm just looking at it to hard, and its nothing. I don't know...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

The lift will surely lower the fuel mileage.

Yes, definitely I expected some decrease in fuel economy. However, nowhere near this much and it should only really be a change at high speeds due to more air resistance. There are lost of guys out there running leveling kits and I havent heard of anyone experiencing this much of a decrease. 

If you went with larger tires and didn't correct the Speedometer/Odometer, you will also see a decrease especially if using the odometer. You are actually traveling further than what the odometer is showing and hence onboard mpg display will also be off. You would need to start calculating your distance traveled by using a standalone GPS or a cell phone GPS app. 

Edited by mikeyk101