07 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.0 Intermittent No Crank

Hi All,

First post on the forum here so let me know if more info is needed.  Was recently putting a new set of headers on the truck and decided that at 200k+ miles, I should replace the starter.  My hope was to avoid having to pull the headers when it did eventually go out.  I purchased a reman of the OEM part (GM Genuine Parts 323-1637 Starter, Remanufactured).  Part went in no problem and I also replaced the heavy gauge wire to the battery as well as the smaller gauge wire to the ignition switch.  All was functional for the first week or two, when I turned it over and got nothing... No clicks, but the battery had power, dash lights looked good.  I hooked a power pack up and it started no problem.  Thought it was a fluke or I left a light on, but after having a no-crank condition maybe one out of 15 times that I start it, there is definitely something going on.  Here's the weird part... every time that it does not start, I eventually get it to start with no changed conditions.  I've tried starting it in neutral which worked the first time, didn't work the second.  Another time I screwed with the battery terminals and it started, one other time I just sat there for a minute or two after no-crank and it started.  Battery tested fine but havent taken a multi-tester down because it's been starting anytime I am home.  Any ideas?

Silverado.jpg