Security Camera System

Hello,

I picked up my new Sierra last weekend and am really happy with it. That said I am guessing some of my work parking neighbors will not be…

I live in Boulder, CO, the land of EVs and Subarus, and people are not that great at driving/parking. My old vehicle would get dinged and scraped by other drivers, particularly in my work parking lot, on a regular basis. I never once was left a note by someone who did it. Does anyone have a camera system they recommend to deal with this? I see a ton on amazon that claim they will turn on after impacts but I suspect a door ding or a car slowing peeling my paint off will not activate them.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Dan 

Edited by Dan Corbett

• Dan Corbett changed the title to Security Camera System

I was recently looking into the fitcamx universal because the integration was smooth, so I'm curious what others will say. Unfortunately that one doesn't have parkign mode on it. I really just want the dashcam for liability purposes (recently ran off the road pulling my 33' trailer). But having that added assurance while it's parked would be nice.

I usually back into any parking spot then I have my dashcam (a Viofo A129) on all the time.  I don't have the rear camera installed yet and of course they won't cover the sides so I don't get 360 coverage.  I have the power for it ran so I can either use the cigarette lighter or the USB port (One is on all the time but can't remember which is which). That way I can change it to not be on all the time in case I want to.  I drive it daily so not worried about the truck battery plus they don't draw that much. 

Blackvue and Thinkware are two of the best and have a parking mode along with motion sensors and impact. I had to return the Blackvue as the wifi is a big issue with the truck. Great camera though. zi am now ordering the Thinkware. The GM accessory camera is made by Thinkware.

3 hours ago, seamus2154 said:

Blackvue and Thinkware are two of the best and have a parking mode along with motion sensors and impact. I had to return the Blackvue as the wifi is a big issue with the truck. Great camera though. zi am now ordering the Thinkware. The GM accessory camera is made by Thinkware.

I've got a Thinkware X1000 in my truck and the F200 Pro in the family car.    Both have parking mode.   You can watch and download the videos to your phone with the F200, where as you're stuck watching them on the screen of the X1000 unless you pull the SD card.

• 1 year later...

It's a bummer to hear about the parking situation, especially with careless neighbors. Having a camera system is a smart move.For reliable options, you might want to check out qztsecurity.com. They offer various camera systems that could work well for monitoring your vehicle. Look for one with motion detection, so even smaller incidents like door dings can trigger it.Living in a place like Boulder, where parking can be a challenge, it's good to have that extra protection. Hope you find a solution that gives you peace of mind and keeps your Sierra looking great!

Edited by JaydenHartman

• 1 month later...

I have at the least two trucks my 2004 is driven to work. It’s the road warrior. 347 k miles and a dent of some sort on every panel. Mechanical still in great shape. LS with 5.3 4l60e 2wd. My new 2023RST is my weekend truck or going on trips with the wife . That limits the azzholes from having the circus clown effect of smashing into it an leaving some mars candy bar as payment. Not fool proof by any means but it seems there are always more clowns at work trying to park. By the way the 2004 still has factory engine and trans. Never been rebuilt. Awesome truck!!!!

67537129980__3F64AD70-53A7-47CF-96F4-F6B5F03E5914.jpeg