Possibly failed lifter 55000 miles

My truck bogged down a few times this week and I figured it was because it was first time I put 87 in and it’s a 2014 6.2 which recommends premium.  Then today after I accelerated hard check engine came on and lost power. Code p0307 cylinder 7 misfire. I’m going to swap a coil pack to see if it’s a bad coil pack but if I do have failed lifter anyone have a place to do the repair in northwest Chicago suburbs?

I swapped the ignition coil and deleted the code it runs normal and drove it around the block with no code coming on. do you think its a faulty coil intermittently going out and eventually it will show code on the 1 cylinder I moved it too.  Or If it is bad lifter would it be intermittent and be ok after sitting overnight I figured a bent lifter wouldn’t be an occasional issue

Hard to say for sure. If it is the coil pack it will for sure trip the code on cylinder 1 when it does fail again.

Otherwise you still have the spark plug, the wire or the fuel injector that could be it too. That is, if it's not a lifter problem but usually once a lifter fails it's failed forever because they stay collapsed.

So I drove it about 50miles today and 10 miles on the highway and no code yet. My uncle is a mechanic and plugged his scan tool in and drove around and didn’t see any misfires or odd voltage on either cylinder. He recommended to just change plugs and wires and if I want the coil pack.  Only have 55k miles but it’s 8 years old he said my short trips and low mileage he said plugs could be bad.  He also said if the lifter was stuck and released he thought there would be some ticking but he has always seen a lifters go bad that trip a code and always bad for good and don’t come and go.  

• Like 1