2WD Steering Stabilizer/Damper?

Good Question,

I do Remember Back in the Day adding a second Stabilizer to my Ks Blazer which went the opposite direction as the original.

the "Add On" had 2 small "U" Bolts that went around the center steering link. Maybe something like that could be used?

Scott

Spiney,

RockAuto has a "KIT" for a 1995 Rwd. It's not OEM, Looks like an "ADD-A-KIT". I am not sure why they did not have them from the Manufacturer. I had a 1987 Ford Ranger 2wd that had one.

Are you having issues? I never really felt that I need one. I have been driving my 95 alot the past few weeks since it's easier on gas than my Silverado. I have not "Felt" any steering issues that would warrant a stabilizer. I did replace my Center Link a couple of years ago, the bushings were gone and "clunking" when steering.

My truck needs a new steering gear. It "wanders" at highway speeds, even after a complete front-end rebuild. It annoys the crap outta me. A damper would be an easier, quicker,  and cheaper fix until this fall. I'm going to replace the steering gear when the weather cools off a bit.

• Like 1

Started the truck after changing the oil this morning and the radiator started dumping coolant all over the garage floor.

I never understood radiators with plastic side tanks.

I guess I shouldn't ****** too much, radiator could have failed on the freeway during our glorious afternoon rush hour. That would have sucked.

Edited by Spiney Norman

Ouch, 

I did a Complete Dumb Move with my son watching a couple of years ago, Brand New Radiator, Installed aftermarket electric fans, forgot to install the rubber "feet" so... Within 5 minutes of the fans running  Coolant was being sprayed all over the place, the FWD edges of both fans chafed the cross tubes, and made alot of holes!. So Mine has had 3 Radiators in the last 6 years.

True about having the failures in the garage, does it even count if it did not leave the barn?

On 6/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, Spiney Norman said:

My truck needs a new steering gear. It "wanders" at highway speeds, even after a complete front-end rebuild. It annoys the crap outta me. A damper would be an easier, quicker,  and cheaper fix until this fall. I'm going to replace the steering gear when the weather cools off a bit.

I think there is a locknut with an adjuster stud on the steering box. I did that on mine years ago, at first the wheels would not come back to center but it only took a few days to loosen to the point where the wheels center while driving but still tight enough to drive daily, that might hold you till the cooler weather. I believe it's the large nut facing up on the steering gearbox.

Scott

21 hours ago, Spiney Norman said:

I adjusted that before I rebuilt the front end. Having to make constant steering corrections gets old fast.

LOL,  I Know that the Whole Steering box is 35.00 at the Pull-a-Part by me, I have spied several recently. I would like to 

Find one from a "ZQ8" suspension truck to have the Tighter ratio gears But.... I am not really having a problem so...

Let me Know which way you go. Good Luck

Edited by Scotty V