Running 35/12.5/20 on stock rim

Is anyone running 35/12.5/20 on stock rim.  I am going to do a 3inch front and a 2inch back lift with cognito arms but I was concerned about front rubbing, shock or control arm etc. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kevin,

I don't have your model truck, but when I went to a larger tire on a stock wheel, I turned the wheels to full lock each direction and measured clearances, then calulated the difference using the "section width" of the tire.  Look up the specs of each tire and extrapolate using the clearances you came up with. 

A 35x12.5 is a big tire.  I'd be surprised if you could get away with the stock wheel offset. 

• 1 year later...

I did go with 35 on my stock rim but I went with a 35/11.5/20 (actual 35.4/11.8/20) to be safe.   They will fit without any leveling or lift.

As a note I did add a 3in front and 2in back lift after the fact.   I am going to double check the spacing for my next tires but There should be enough for the 12.5 but always double check the actual real tire size versus stated.

As my tire stated 35/11.5/20

but actual was 35.4/11.8/20

Check out this post...I assume the 2021's aren't much different that the 2023 AT4's

I'm doing a Kryptonite stage 3 level installed and was told that the 35x12.5x18 Toyo Trails run will without rubbing on stocks (he's done them before). Wheel upgrades unfortunately will wait a until little down the road. 

From my understanding the tires naturally crown any way at speed but my wear on the tires have been consistent across the width of the tire.  I rotate every oil change as well.   I am only running 11.8 not 12.5 too.

• 3 weeks later...

What 3" X 2" lift did you use?

My search for a lift started due to an extremely rough ride. Even compared to other Chevy GMC 2500's.

I was just going to jump into 35x12.50R20's,new wheels,  change the shocks and be done. The more I thought about, I know I eventually want 35's and no taller.  I also want a lift.

I think the more economical thing to do is UCA's with a 3" x 2" lift, shocks, and keep the stock wheels and run 11.50" wide tires. If I went the original route, I would end up buying shocks twice. This way I may just buy tires now and the lift. If I fix the rough ride, I can always sell the stockers with the 11.5's and buy wheels and 12.50's later. Just not sure if the 11.5" tires will rub UCA's. There is so much conflicting info out there it is hard to tell.

Do you have pics of your ride?

I honestly think my torsion bars were cranked on by the dealership. I am hoping to just put enough tension on the lift keys to clear tires and have a little more rake than I do now.

Hopefully, that decrease in tension helps the ride.

Edited by reb0957