iPhone is connected but CarPlay is not working

2022 Sierra Denali - Anyone else having recent issues? Not sure if it is a software update on the phone or the truck, but this morning my display locked up. I powered down the truck and restarted and now Apple CarPlay will not connect. I tried a fresh install and re-paired with the truck - nothing. I even tried to connect through the USB, and... nothing!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

JB

Edited by 99NCAA
left year and model out of original post

3 hours ago, 99NCAA said:

2022 Sierra Denali - Anyone else having recent issues? Not sure if it is a software update on the phone or the truck, but this morning my display locked up. I powered down the truck and restarted and now Apple CarPlay will not connect. I tried a fresh install and re-paired with the truck - nothing. I even tried to connect through the USB, and... nothing!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

JB

Quick Update: A couple of hours later and it seems to be working... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a ‘20 which is wired CarPlay. I have had issues since new with connecting. If I am lucky 90% of the time it will connect first thing of the morning. But if I make a stop 10 minutes later it will not reconnect. Big bummer if you are starting on a long trip. 

I did notice last winter when leaving work and it was cold during the day, CarPlay would connect 80-90% of the time. As soon as it started to warm in the spring, that dropped to about 10%. 

I am starting to believe it is a USB hub issue that doesn’t connect well when it heats up. I have been to the dealership with it 3 times, 2 of which they told me there was no issue or it was my “cheap” (Apple brand) cables. When I opened a new Apple cable and showed them it wouldn’t work, they called GM tech support but never got a resolution to this issue. 

I have come to an “if it works fine, if not, fine” conclusion. I just remember that my first new truck (‘80 K10 Silverado) didn’t have that issue, but I didn’t have a cell phone either.