Buyer beware, CNG

I own a 2015 Silverado 3500 HD with the dual fuel CNG option.  it appears GM has stopped making parts for the CNG side of the truck.  I have been fighting with GM for 18 months trying to get my truck fixed, haven't been able to switch to CNG for that time.  They have told me several times they are done trying to fix my truck, but I have been pretty persistent, and they are still looking for the part.  If you're wondering they are supposed to provide parts for all their products for 10 years but have made the decision apparently to violate that on this model.  If you own one of these trucks, I'd be interested in your experiences with it.  Truck was fine until it needed repairs.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, CNGTruck said:

I own a 2015 Silverado 3500 HD with the dual fuel CNG option.  it appears GM has stopped making parts for the CNG side of the truck.  I have been fighting with GM for 18 months trying to get my truck fixed, haven't been able to switch to CNG for that time.  They have told me several times they are done trying to fix my truck, but I have been pretty persistent, and they are still looking for the part.  If you're wondering they are supposed to provide parts for all their products for 10 years but have made the decision apparently to violate that on this model.  If you own one of these trucks, I'd be interested in your experiences with it.  Truck was fine until it needed repairs.

10 years is a wives tale.  There is no law stating that OEMs MUST produce parts for 10 years.

Ask a Hemmings Editor: How long do carmakers have to provide replacement parts for older cars? | Hemmings

GM discontinued their support.  Plain and simple.  Its also quite likely GM stopped becuase their supplier might have stopped producing the parts.

CKMan's suggestion of trying the CNG supplier GM used for parts, or finding used parts is your only real option here.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, shakenfake said:

Time to take them to court. It's straight up illegal for them to not make parts.

Nope.  No laws.  They can stop making them any time they want to technically, or after those vehicles are no longer under warranty.

Ask a Hemmings Editor: How long do carmakers have to provide replacement parts for older cars? | Hemmings