I'm guessing we will see 300hp and 500ft-lbs torque from the new LZ0 3.0. Also thinking it may come with cylinder deactivation for some improved MPG. Hopefully we get some firm specs soon, maybe in August. What do you think we will see from the updated LZ0? 

Edited by 6sigma

No cylinder deactivation (or so I hope).  There is now an added resonator in the exhaust and some sort of controlled valve looking object (unless its a dampener) so it might very well be an exhaust AFM valve.

Updated injectors and DPF I've confirmed, so largely emissions compliance stuff it seems.  I suppose more power is possible too.

Edited by newdude

18 hours ago, redwngr said:

In fleet order guide:

2023 1500 pickups get LZ0

2023 1500 SUV get LM2

Oversight or is the suv 3.0 not changing?

Both engines are in the parts catalog so I'm thinking its fact so far.    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The info was  released today

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2022/aug/0816-bison.html

Part of the above page:

2023 Silverado 3.0L Diesel Duramax Delivers More Power, Capability

Also new for the 2023 model year, the refined second-generation 3.0L inline-six turbo-diesel Duramax is expected to deliver additional power and torque.

This engine is primed to deliver a sizable increase in power and torque for diesel customers. The max power is 305 hp, a 10% increase (277 hp in 22MY), and max torque 495 lb-ft, a 7.6% increase (460 lb-ft in MY22), thanks to several key component upgrades for optimum performance, including:

New steel pistons with a revised combustion bowl
Retuned turbo compressor
New fuel injectors
Improved temperature control features

“These improvements to the popular 3.0L Diesel Duramax build on the already advanced design of the first-generation engine,” said John Barta, assistant chief engineer of diesels engines. “We often hear customers express their satisfaction with the outstanding fuel economy and smooth quiet power of the current diesel engine, so we can’t wait for them to experience this advanced engine made possible by the continued design evolution and advances in engine technologies.”

This refined diesel engine will be available on Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ and High Country, and will continue to be exclusively paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission for retail customers.

The Duramax engine will continue to be assembled at GM’s Flint Engine Operations in Michigan3. and will be available on select trims of the 2023 Silverado 1500 by the end of this year.

Looks like a good overall update with the new LZ0. After watching that video, I don't see much reason to not upgrade at some point. I love my LM2 but wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to the LZ0.