No start no crank

How's it going 馃槑

Truck sat a couple months. Tried to start it but only the lights/dash came on. No noise from the starter. Battery was old so I installed a new one with the same result. Dash/lights come on and then dim while trying to engage starter but not a sound.聽

I turned the crank by hand just to get that out of the way so no issues there.聽

I banged on the starter with a hammer no luck.

From what I can see under the truck, the connections on the starter look ok but the truck needs to get jacked up to see better.聽

My test light tells me I am getting power to the starter relay but for some reason the #62 starter 40a fuse has no power at all. 聽Because there is no power to #62 fuse location does that mean there is a bad connection to the starter?聽

Truck is 2013 Silverado WT 5.3 A6聽 4x4

Thanks for any help 馃憤馃徎

Edited by dynamical

I think that only gets power when it's turned to the start position. I would start by load testing the battery. if that checks out check the voltage and ground resistance at the starter, if that's good jump the 2 starter terminals and see if it cranks if no it needs a starter if yes maybe neutral switch

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard wysong said:

I think that only gets power when it's turned to the start position. I would start by load testing the battery. if that checks out check the voltage and ground resistance at the starter, if that's good jump the 2 starter terminals and see if it cranks if no it needs a starter if yes maybe neutral switch

I tested it in the start position and off position.

The battery is brand new its fine. My tester said its good.聽

I'll have to check at the starter, but I already did try and jump it in the relay #30 and #87. I believe you're talking about that?聽 聽Starter still didn't make a peep, unless I jumped it wrong?

Edited by dynamical

So I got under the truck. Red cable to starter tested good. Then tested the purple wire connector to the ignition. Tested good. So obviously the problem pointed to the starter. Had it tested at autozone and it was seized. Installed new starter and its all set聽

馃憤馃徎馃槑馃憤馃徎

• Like 1