HMI and Radio Modules for CarPlay - $700 shipped

cs15dah

$700 shipped USPS Priority (with tracking) anywhere within the US.

Just traded in my Suburban, so pulled out the upgraded IO6 Bose radio module and non-nav 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay to my non-CarPlay 2015 Suburban.  To include the USB hub in the center console.  The modules were from a 2018 Tahoe.  They were programmed to work in my 2015 and have worked without a hitch for about three years now.  HOWEVER, you'll need to get your VIN programmed into these modules in order for them to work in your vehicle.  White Auto & Media is a great resource for this, but there are others that'll do this as well.  (Three years ago WAMS was $100.  Appears it's $125 now.)

In addition, I'm also including my PAC Navigation and Video bypass module that enables a triple tap of the rear defogger in order to bypass the vehicle thinking it's in drive.  Basically, so the HMI thinks you're in "park."  When enabled, you can type in addresses to the navigation when driving.  Or if your front seat passenger wants to watch a movie while you're on the road, they can do so on the front screen.  Since you'll have the center console out anyways while installing the upgraded radio module, might as well go ahead and install this bypass module while you're in there.  Easy plug & play.  Just plug this device between the large gray connector that goes to the radio module.

And as an added bonus, also including my Range Technology AFM Disabler.  Blue LEDs. 

And if you act now, I'm even including an OEM GM cargo net (to include the two hooks for the top that screws into the sidewalls) that have saved me countless groceries just falling out the back of my Suburban when I opened up the rear hatch when returning home from the store.  It collapses down into the bag at the bottom, and also just totally detaches and stows away when not needed.

Please ask questions and ensure these modules fit your specific vehicle and set-up, before purchasing.  I want to sell these items and move on and not have to worry about you wanting to return them because you tried them and they're the wrong modules because you wanted nav, or your vehicle doesn't have the Bose system, or you didn't like the color for the 2018 modules, or whatever reason you're not happy with these modules.  Like I've said, they've worked flawlessly and I've been very happy with this set-up.  It's difficult to describe, but when you've upgraded to CarPlay in the 2015, it's like a whole different vehicle.  The couple days I drove the truck after swapping back to stock, was such a disappointment.  It's tough to go back to non-CarPlay!

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

Edited by cs15dah

• cs15dah changed the title to HMI and Radio Modules for CarPlay - $800 shipped
  • 2 weeks later...
  • cs15dah changed the title to HMI and Radio Modules for CarPlay - $750 shipped
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn’t know. I’ve never looked at the compatibility of Silverados. But as far as the audio systems, aren’t 2014 Silverados similar to 2015 Suburbans? I mean, Silverados got the upgraded components a model year earlier than the Suburbans?

• cs15dah changed the title to HMI and Radio Modules for CarPlay - $700 shipped
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...