P0121 code

2011, Silverado, V8, 135K miles.

This morning I got a P0121 code...TPS sensor IIRC.  I cleared the code.  Drove the truck again this afternoon for close to 20 minutes, the code did not come back.  I looked around online, found suggestions on cleaning the throttle body.  That's not too complicated.  Only problem I keep coming across is the need to reset the idle after you do it.  I have no way of doing that...without taking it to the dealership.  The dealership is backed up for months...literally.  Is there anyway I can clean that thing without needing to reset the idle?  If I clean it, will the idle reset just by letting it idle for 10 or 20 minutes?

I should add I'm new to Chevys.  This is actually my nephew's truck I've been using because my truck...a F-150...was in the shop for 5 months.  The truck runs fine, even with the CEL on it was running fine.  I just want to fix it before I give it back to him.  Thanks for any help.    

• Like 1