Recommendation for TPMS Relearn Tool?

Hi All,

I just rotated my tires and was looking on line at inexpensive relearn tools. They all seem to have a lot of reviews saying they didn’t work. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable relearn tool to use after a rotation?  I don’t need other programming capabilities as far as I know. I’ll get it done by the dealer or local tire shop this time but I’m thinking I’d like to have the tool. Thanks. 

50 minutes ago, Makito said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I called my local Discount Tire and they said just come through their air check line and they will do it. Took less than 5 minutes. I may just stick with that approach. 

• 1 month later...

I bought this autel from Amazon.  Put the extra TPMS in my trailer tires.  I can reset psi warning lights  for the front at 50 and rear at 40  for the truck as well as set calibrations for different tire sizes.  Works good as a relearn tool.  

Autel MaxiTPMS TS508K TPMS Tool, 2023 Newest TPMS Relearn Tool with 8PCS 315MHz+433MHz Sensors, Updated of Autel TS408/501, Top TPMS Scanner for TPMS Reset/Activation/Program with Lifetime Update https://a.co/d/68nu6Hb

On 11/14/2022 at 8:18 PM, Makito said:

I have the same one, works great.  I also use it for my 2018 Malibu.  So handy to be able to rotate your tires and not have the pressures on the instrument panel all screwed up.

Edited by CT Chevy Connoisseur

• 2 months later...

I have the orange colored version.

Very honestly it works well on single axle short trailers and hit or miss on dual axle longer trailers.

What always works (and much faster) - start the TPMS learn process, have a person in the cab to relay the tire learn status,  when the directions tell you which tire is next press the tire valve and let air out until the person in the cab lets you know the sensor has paired.  Move on to the next one.  

This is faster than the relearn tool as long as you have a decent air compressor to re-air 5-10 pounds in each tire.

• 2 months later...

I have the orange version too and experienced the same thing. Works well for the truck but did not work on my dual axel trailer. Went to use the unit the other day and I hear rattling as I am carrying to the truck

and no lights. Open up the battery compartment and both battery contacts have become disconnected from the board. Must have been cold solider joints. So I opened up the unit and resoldered the contacts and all is well. Strange that this happened over the winter????