New to the truck scene and need some help with wheels.

So i just got this truck theres a couples thing i wanna do with it right away but first i want to start with wheels. I want to go bigger but i dont know where to look or what sizes to look for i will end up lifting it a couple inches aswell

E39A0A3C-A4CC-42E4-9E33-0F61462E92CF.jpeg

7 hours ago, slj2008 said:

good looking truck . - i would get the lift first , then wheels/tires . 

Okay thanks for the tip. Is there any lifts you’d recommend or even what a good height would be? I know it all on preference but i dont even know the differences in the lifts unless i had each one lined up in front of me

• 4 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, RedBandit said:

Okay thanks for the tip. Is there any lifts you’d recommend or even what a good height would be? I know it all on preference but i dont even know the differences in the lifts unless i had each one lined up in front of me

Turns into a feedback loop with wheels/tires a fair amount, plus a whole bunch of other factors. Overall will come down to what are you trying to do/ how well you want to do it and how much are you willing to spend. Side dose of how much are you willing to cut on the body.

If you get real aggressive with an angle grinder/ big hammer can run 35s with a spacer lift, but will have a better time if you do a 4inch lift and a little trimming, or a 6 inch lift and it just fits (mostly, depending on offset). 

Spacers and 33s is the easy/cheap mode for fitting a slightly bigger tire without much expense, if it's mostly a look/stance/slight offroad decision.

If planning on beating on it offroad, would personally skip the spacer stuff and do a lift that corrects the cv geometry, budget pick there would probably be a zone 4.5" but there's options. 

• Like 1