Alarm System

'22 Sierra 2500hd SLE

Never paid attention before but noticed recently.

I typically lock the truck with RKE as walking away from the truck, and just assumed the alarm was activated as well.

Recently reading the manual and it states the alarm will set when the RKE is clicked a single time (after 30 second delay if I recall), and will set immediately if double clicked, and a slow blinking of a red dash light is an indicator that alarm is activated.

However, I noticed this light never flashes and I don't even think it has ever flashed since the truck was purchased. Am I correct that this is the proper method and should there be a flashing light? I also tried locking/alarming the truck with the door handle button, with the same results.

And, the manual also suggests the alarm has to be de-activated with the RKE and, although does not explicitly state, it cannot be turned off by pushing the handle button. Is this also correct? If so, is there a logical reason that I have missed that the alarm cannot be de-activated with the handle button?

I presumed that an alarm system was standard on all trim levels and the manual does not suggest otherwise, but maybe that's why?

Marv