2022 1500 Wheel Shake and Vibration, and Towing Issue

If you have the GM rear and i have the AAM then i would basically rule out wheel bearing/locker/axle problem in the rear because what would be the odds, if we both have the same and one of us finally gets a fix and happens to relate to the brand of the rear axle assembly then might be something to try on the others.

Posted (edited)

This so frigging frustrating. I scanned my qr code and came up with a VERY short list of codes. I compared those codes to the long list of codes in this forum, and according to that comparison my truck has codes for things not listed on that list. Maybe my truck isn't even legit, I don't know. Why isn't there an easy to access list to decode this? I even tried using one of those online decoders, and many codes on mine were not on their list. And, there doesn't seem to be a code for differentials. Maybe you can figure it out. I did try to crawl under it, but unless I lift it and get way under it, I can't see the tell-tale markings.

1GTUUGEL4NZ547776,2022,TK10543,06,22,01,BGKHTG, AXK AY0 A2X A50 A7K CF5 CJ2 C5Y DEZ DRZ EF7 E63 FE9 FJW FWI F48 GAN GU5 G80 H2X IOK J22 J61 KW7 L87 MAH MHS NP5 NTB N10 QAQ RM7 SH0 UDV UQA UV6 U2K V8D WMW XCE Z45 Z82 Z88 4AA 5SA 6MY 7MP 8AT 9AT,636R,,,,

Edited by MrLeadFoot

• 2 weeks later...

I laid on the ground looked under with flashlight and saw 1 rib/fin from pinion to top so according to photo it is AAM.  GM one has what looks to be 4 rib/fin.

Last Saturday i towed my 2500lb trailer on the highway, my 4WD was on due to snow on the roads when i first started driving my 55 mile trip, about 1/2 home it went to some slush then basically wet roads. When roads were down to wet i picked up speed as did other traffic, i was doing 75 with zero vibration.......in 4wd high.  Today i installed new oem rear rotors (dial indicator did not move clamped to jack stand with rear axle in D in garage) although inside of rotors did have alot of buildup no issues found.  Took a ride on the highway in 2wd and i will say still 95% no vibration felt, nothing in the seat a tiny tiny bit in arm rests but that could have been regular road conditions all though smooth not perfect.

Don't know if fluke or 4wd at higher speed had loosened/warmed up something or what, in winter 4wd is use often but not highway speeds.  No idea what changed to make it better. 

Going on a trip south in several weeks will report back what happens.