2017 Silverado DOUBLE CAB best bass options

So I just picked up the 2017 Silverado double cab. I had a system in another car that now I want to put into the truck.

Here is the problem, I am a SPL freak and the last car I had JL 12W7AE subs in a ported box. Needless to say I cannot put them in the truck without having to remove the rear seat. Which is not an option unfortunately.

For the people who know those subs I have and the output they put out, what are my other options that can come close to those subs? I have been looking and have not found anything good. I do not want to put a custom box in the bed and vent it through the cab because I need all the bed room, and do not want to cut into the sheet metal of the cab.

Ported box a must as I love the low frequencies

Thanks

• Like 1

I would guess your best bet would be checking out the JL stealth boxes. I have had JL's before and loved them. As you probably know, there aren't many options and none will probably give you what you are accustomed to.

1 hour ago, 1moreminute said:
1 hour ago, josney said:

I would guess your best bet would be checking out the JL stealth boxes. I have had JL's before and loved them. As you probably know, there aren't many options and none will probably give you what you are accustomed to.

So I just picked up the 2017 Silverado double cab. I had a system in another car that now I want to put into the truck.

Here is the problem, I am a SPL freak and the last car I had JL 12W7AE subs in a ported box. Needless to say I cannot put them in the truck without having to remove the rear seat. Which is not an option unfortunately.

For the people who know those subs I have and the output they put out, what are my other options that can come close to those subs? I have been looking and have not found anything good. I do not want to put a custom box in the bed and vent it through the cab because I need all the bed room, and do not want to cut into the sheet metal of the cab.

1 hour ago, 1moreminute said:

Thanks

Sounds like you need to go to skar audio website. They have the under seat boxes and some pretty decent subs. The boxes they carry do not have ports in them but you could probably order the box and customize it the way you would want to. I have a couple

friends with skar 12” subs and they sound pretty good. Maybe check it out if you’re interested. 

On 1/7/2023 at 8:21 PM, josney said:

Thank you, I did look into that already. I just dont think Ill be happy with them. For now I am going to just install the JLw7ae3 in there and in the meantime figure something else out.

Thank you again.