2010 Silverado 1500 Issues and Oddities

Hello, everyone. New to the forums here. I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 LT with the 5.3L Vortec and 4WD. It has about 173,000 miles on the clock but having almost non stop issues with it. The powertrain is solid, but its a plethora of small issues that it exhibits. First issue I noticed is that cruise control doesn't work, people mentioned brake light switch, haven't looked into it as it isn't high on my priority list right now. On top of that, the manual gear mode plus/minus switch doesn't work, and neither does tow/haul mode. At about 3k RPM the radio abruptly turns off and back on shortly after. One day, when accelerating on the highway, the Traction Control turned itself off. Every day I start it in the morning it seems it has a longer and longer crank time. Today, I started it and it seems it could not get spark, it cranked for about 5 seconds before starting. It has never done that. Also noticed the Tach does not work anymore, and now I have the service TCS and Stabilitrak lights on. That made me suspect that its a Crank Positioning Sensor issue or something but not sure. I love my Silverado but I hate that it is plagued with electrical issues. Any ideas?

You cannot easily or inexpensively work on these trucks without a bi-directional scan tool.  Get a Tech-2 and a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY.

Seems to me that you're battery is about dead or not getting charged up.  Lots of short trips will drain the battery if you don't drive it very far when running.

• Like 2