GM Technical Support Case from Customer

Wondering if customers are able to submit cases/complaints directly to GM to instruct a dealer to fix something if the vehicle is still under warranty. I do understand dealerships/service centers have to follow instructions/processes to be able to submit for warranty, but wondering if I can do the work to send all evidence to GM to have them instruct the dealer with TSBs or authorization to repair under warranty? 

thanks!

3 minutes ago, Moose0814 said:

Wondering if customers are able to submit cases/complaints directly to GM to instruct a dealer to fix something if the vehicle is still under warranty. I do understand dealerships/service centers have to follow instructions/processes to be able to submit for warranty, but wondering if I can do the work to send all evidence to GM to have them instruct the dealer with TSBs or authorization to repair under warranty? 

thanks!

Not how that works.

What you can do is start a customer assistance case with GM and get the dealer involved.  

You can't just send them a bulletin and demand the dealer perform it without the dealer verifying the cause of the concern and if that bulletin applies to the issue.  

What issue(s) do you have with your truck?

Edited by newdude

My truck is out of factory 3/36 warranty. Basically over 3 years but still under 36k.  My rear window started to leak. So I was out of the warranty.  I called GM and explained my situation and was asking for some "goodwill" assistance.  GM said that once the dealer was able to identify the issue with the leak to call them back. 

So I did and they asked for the paperwork from the dealer.  Now I had to have the work done and pay for it.  The dealership cut me a break but not much.  GM called me back and said they would review and get back to me but looked like they could give me 30% more off the cost of the repair and wasn't sure why the dealership didn't offer more.  Needless to say i was happy with that.  Better then nothing at all. 

I did all this with a calm pleasant attitude.  Not demanding anything but asking for help. It worked and I'm sure doing it in regards to being nice over demanding has a great deal on how things get handled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

My truck is out of factory 3/36 warranty. Basically over 3 years but still under 36k.  My rear window started to leak. So I was out of the warranty.  I called GM and explained my situation and was asking for some "goodwill" assistance.  GM said that once the dealer was able to identify the issue with the leak to call them back. 

So I did and they asked for the paperwork from the dealer.  Now I had to have the work done and pay for it.  The dealership cut me a break but not much.  GM called me back and said they would review and get back to me but looked like they could give me 30% more off the cost of the repair and wasn't sure why the dealership didn't offer more.  Needless to say i was happy with that.  Better then nothing at all. 

I did all this with a calm pleasant attitude.  Not demanding anything but asking for help. It worked and I'm sure doing it in regards to being nice over demanding has a great deal on how things get handled.

Honestly surprised GM only offered 30% if the truck has less then 36k miles usually they will offer more of a discount but hard to say in this market!

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Not how that works.

What you can do is start a customer assistance case with GM and get the dealer involved.  

You can't just send them a bulletin and demand the dealer perform it without the dealer verifying the cause of the concern and if that bulletin applies to the issue.  

What issue(s) do you have with your truck?

call the 1-800 number to open a customer assistance case?

My issue is a really loose column shifter. They opened a TAC case, but I don't believe are really pushing the issue or advocating on my behalf. It is really annoying to me and wasn't like that initially. 

10 minutes ago, Moose0814 said:

call the 1-800 number to open a customer assistance case?

My issue is a really loose column shifter. They opened a TAC case, but I don't believe are really pushing the issue or advocating on my behalf. It is really annoying to me and wasn't like that initially. 

If they have a TAC case GM is involved via the technician (or whoever started the TAC case).  TAC is Technical Assistance Center.  TAC has product support for car, truck, medium duty and then when they do new vehicle launches, a specific new product hotline.  TAC can access a whole bunch of stuff from engineers, other cases in the TAC case network with similar problems, etc.  

What you can try is see if you can get the TAC case # call the 800 number and express your concerns and reference that TAC case.  

More than likely if the issue is where the lever goes in, TAC will tell them to replace the transmission shift control or they will tell them to put a column in it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newdude said:

If they have a TAC case GM is involved via the technician (or whoever started the TAC case).  TAC is Technical Assistance Center.  TAC has product support for car, truck, medium duty and then when they do new vehicle launches, a specific new product hotline.  TAC can access a whole bunch of stuff from engineers, other cases in the TAC case network with similar problems, etc.  

What you can try is see if you can get the TAC case # call the 800 number and express your concerns and reference that TAC case.  

More than likely if the issue is where the lever goes in, TAC will tell them to replace the transmission shift control or they will tell them to put a column in it.  

thanks! that is really helpful!