Inexpensive 5th wheel hitch that can be used with the 5th wheel prep package.

It appears my idea of doing this is a total fail.  They have an old 5th wheel that is the old style to where you have to crawl into the master bed that is located above the hitch, not the new style to where you can stand up and move around.  After looking at overall height measurements and the lowest setting the Curt system will sit into the puck system I'm sitting way too high.  Even if they had the goosebox on it I'm still too high.  By being too high I mean the camper would be nose high big time and we aren't 100% sure it would even clear the bed rails.  They tow it with an old 1/2 ton that is on its last legs but the camper sits level on that once loaded.  As we all know these new gen 2500's are incredibly high up.  When I have to stretch and be on my toes just to reach the oil dipstick at 6' tall, yeah they're up there.

They are going to try and get one more year out of both before retiring them both, of which probably should have happened a while back, but these campers and trucks aren't very cheap anymore as we all know.  They sincerely appreciated my endeavor and I really appreciate all the help and advice from you all.  All of that advice given to me might help someone else in the future.  So thank you all very much, I really do appreciate it.  Thumbs up to a really great and helpful community here!!