Inexpensive 5th wheel hitch that can be used with the 5th wheel prep package.

The only reason I'm looking for one is to be used for others in the event I need it to help someone else in a pinch.  Say around 16k pound rated.....I don't need one with rails.  Just a basic one that will fit on my truck.  I have the 5th wheel prep package on my 2500HD truck and the prices I'm seeing are off the charts.  Does someone know where I can get one, say in the 5 to 600 dollar range that I can throw in the bed of my truck to help others if needed that will fit in my 5th wheel prep package bed?

Well, for gooseneck GM has their own, p/n 84759852 for $310 which is the ball and the hooks.

For 5th wheel GM has the Curt direct fit for the factory pucks.  20K hitch is GM p/n 19418687 for $1135.  They only go up from there but there are still deals to be had.  

But the 500-600 range you seek is non-existent for factory puck fitment.  You can get the OEM puck to existing Curt adapters for about 500-600, but then you still need to buy a 5th wheel.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, newdude said:

Well, for gooseneck GM has their own, p/n 84759852 for $310 which is the ball and the hooks.

For 5th wheel GM has the Curt direct fit for the factory pucks.  20K hitch is GM p/n 19418687 for $1135.  They only go up from there but there are still deals to be had.  

But the 500-600 range you seek is non-existent for factory puck fitment.  You can get the OEM puck to existing Curt adapters for about 500-600, but then you still need to buy a 5th wheel.  

That's what I was afraid of.  Well thank you for taking the time to respond.  That's a lot of money to spend for a "just in case" scenario.....I don't know.  But I do appreciate your response!

Soooo, there's a chance?.... best movie out there...dumb and dumber....lol.... well if anyone out there has the hitch I'm looking for that doesn't want or can use it, I'm here to buy for a great price...I will pay shipping too of course.

have you looked at the Anderson hitches?  If you install gooseneck ball in your bed, The Anderson gooseneck to 5th wheel conversion hitch would work and can be picked up used for $500-600 range.  They're lightweight also, so not bad to have sitting around vs a big bulky true 5th wheel hitch.

https://andersenhitches.com/product/ultimate-connection/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sonders said:

have you looked at the Anderson hitches?  If you install gooseneck ball in your bed, The Anderson gooseneck to 5th wheel conversion hitch would work and can be picked up used for $500-600 range.  They're lightweight also, so not bad to have sitting around vs a big bulky true 5th wheel hitch.

https://andersenhitches.com/product/ultimate-connection/

I have not...I'll have to look into this.  Thank you very much!!!

Edit:  I just emailed them to see what they have for my specific truck.  Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Jettech1

Well they got back with me quickly and here's their reply...

"We do have an option for this that would utilize a gooseneck ball installed in the center puck. The base of the hitch would sit over top of the other 4 pucks. This would be our 3217 Raised Ultimate Connection Gooseneck Mount and the cost would be $1339.99 plus shipping and tax."

Yikes as far as the price....anyhow I really appreciate the link and trying to help me!!

I absolutely had to have the 5th wheel prep package as a just in case scenario.  Perhaps someday we want to move to a 5th wheel trailer is why.  That prep package was 1090.  I might as well just buy the Curt system for 1200 and be done with it.  Throw it in the front of the bed with the 2 extra propane tanks tied down and see what blows up first....LMAO!!!

Edited by Jettech1

17 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Well they got back with me quickly and here's their reply...

"We do have an option for this that would utilize a gooseneck ball installed in the center puck. The base of the hitch would sit over top of the other 4 pucks. This would be our 3217 Raised Ultimate Connection Gooseneck Mount and the cost would be $1339.99 plus shipping and tax."

Yikes as far as the price....anyhow I really appreciate the link and trying to help me!!

I wouldn't order one new from them.  I see them for sale used all the time for 5-$600 range.

You can find them used on Craigslist etc for decent prices.  However, shipping prices in this post Covid world we live in will kill you due to the size/weight.  So I dont know that a private seller, unless local pickup is feasible, is going to work out.