DOD/AFM Delete kits

Hey guys, long time lurker on here and finally ready to pull the trigger on a cam kit to get rid of the AFM/DOD. I have already disabled it through a tune but I'm nearing 100K miles and would like to do this for piece of mind. I don't want anything too aggressive that will sacrifice daily driving ability and would like to keep the stock converter. I've seen kits mainly from BTR  but not many from Comp Cam or Texas Speed. I am also running a wet kit so I'm not too sure if I need a specific cam for running spray. Any recommendations? Im in Vancouver BC Canada and would also like to find shops within a 10 hour radius of me that could do the work and tune it as well!

Any camshaft will work with NOS basically.

Stay with a stage 1 camshaft if you want things to be a breeze for how it runs and for tuning to be easy. The stage 2 camshafts add a little more power but will still allow for the stock converter. When going larger than a 212/218ish in camshaft size then a higher stall converter would kinda be wanted.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 3:55 PM, CamGTP said:

Any camshaft will work with NOS basically.

Stay with a stage 1 camshaft if you want things to be a breeze for how it runs and for tuning to be easy. The stage 2 camshafts add a little more power but will still allow for the stock converter. When going larger than a 212/218ish in camshaft size then a higher stall converter would kinda be wanted.

I've been reading on here that people are doing a stage 2 L83 in their L86s. If the lift durations are similar it shouldn't matter if I went with a stage 2 L83 cam vs a stage 1 L86 cam right? 

I would suggest replacing a few more parts while you're at it. the intake manifold needs 8 new gaskets, id also replace the timing chain and tensioner, new water pump gaskets, new cam bolt, front main seal, fuel pump gasket, harmonic balancer bolt, and both fuel lines under the manifold.