Bilstein 5100 Adjustable on 2022/2023?

Searched quite a bit but can’t find a definitive answer…

Bilstein doesn’t show a 5100 adjustable strut available for the 2023 1500 Crew Cab SLT.  Does anyone know a reason why the ones listed for the 2021 (Part # BIL-24-293297) would not fit at 2023 SLT? I’m not aware of any suspension changes, but the online sellers just say, “It says here that it won’t fit.”

Can anyone help?

Edited by msubullyfan

6 hours ago, msubullyfan said:

Searched quite a bit but can’t find a definitive answer…

Bilstein doesn’t show a 5100 adjustable strut available for the 2023 1500 Crew Cab SLT.  Does anyone know a reason why the ones listed for the 2021 (Part # BIL-24-293297) would not fit at 2023 SLT? I’m not aware of any suspension changes, but the online sellers just say, “It says here that it won’t fit.”

Can anyone help?

Does your SLT come with the X31 package (2 inch lift), you may need the Bilstein 6112 series.

Edited by LAAC

25 minutes ago, LAAC said:

Does your SLT come with the X31 package (2 inch lift), you may need the Bilstein 6112 series.

Yes, but I thought the X31 was stock height and the AT4 has the 2” lift.  I can’t tell any difference in height on my SLT, but the AT4 is definitely a little taller. 

I appreciate the clarification on the X31.  That helps.  Does anyone know the answer to my original question?  Are there any suspension differences between 2021, 2022, and 2023 that would prevent the same 5100 shock/strut from fitting a 2023?  I contacted Bilstein and can’t get a response.

18 hours ago, msubullyfan said:

I appreciate the clarification on the X31.  That helps.  Does anyone know the answer to my original question?  Are there any suspension differences between 2021, 2022, and 2023 that would prevent the same 5100 shock/strut from fitting a 2023?  I contacted Bilstein and can’t get a response.

I don’t believe there are any differences that would prevent them from working.

I read that TB/AT4 got new upper control arms on 2023s but that doesn’t affect you. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ND2GOFASTER said:

I used that same part number on my 2023 SLT X31 without any issues. Same as the 19-22's.

Thanks for the response!  Yeah, I bought them and installed them about 3 weeks ago.  Set the front to +1.5” and I still have just enough rake so the back end doesn’t droop when a trailer is connected.  I’ve been really happy with them and the ride is much better as well.

8B493E5C-3E67-4E30-B4D9-8BCB73685572.jpeg

19 hours ago, msubullyfan said:

Thanks for the response!  Yeah, I bought them and installed them about 3 weeks ago.  Set the front to +1.5” and I still have just enough rake so the back end doesn’t droop when a trailer is connected.  I’ve been really happy with them and the ride is much better as well.

Sharp truck! What color is that?

3 hours ago, ND2GOFASTER said:

Sharp truck! What color is that?

Thanks for the compliment.  It’s the Sterling Metallic they added for the 2023 model year.  Replaced the Quicksilver Metallic from 2022.  Sterling is a little darker than the Quicksilver was.

Edited by msubullyfan

On 5/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, msubullyfan said:

What size tire is that?