2020 AT4 HD parking sensors and blind spot not working

3 hours ago, Wellarmedlamb said:

I just picked up a 2020 AT4 HD Dmax and I get two messages on startup.  

Service Park Assist System

Service Side Detection System

Neither system works at all.

Any advice on what to look for would be appreciated.

I just had my front and rear bumpers swapped out for Ranch Hand bumpers. I also had that message about the side detection system when I started my truck when I was about to leave. I told the installers and they had forgot to plug the wire harness back onto the blind spot monitor sensors.

So my guess is either the sensors are not connected to the wire harness, the wire harness is not connected to the cpu, or the wire harness is damaged in some way.

Edit: Maybe a sensor is not working either? But for both systems to not be working then I'd guess it would have to be at least 1 sensor from each system, which seems less likely. With my issue I did not get a message about the park assist system.

Check the connections and if that doesn't fix the issue I would go to the dealer.

Edited by Dr1ft3r

6 hours ago, Dr1ft3r said:

I just had my front and rear bumpers swapped out for Ranch Hand bumpers. I also had that message about the side detection system when I started my truck when I was about to leave. I told the installers and they had forgot to plug the wire harness back onto the blind spot monitor sensors.

So my guess is either the sensors are not connected to the wire harness, the wire harness is not connected to the cpu, or the wire harness is damaged in some way.

Edit: Maybe a sensor is not working either? But for both systems to not be working then I'd guess it would have to be at least 1 sensor from each system, which seems less likely. With my issue I did not get a message about the park assist system.

Check the connections and if that doesn't fix the issue I would go to the dealer.

Thanks!  Great info.  Where are the blind spot sensors located?

45 minutes ago, Wellarmedlamb said:

Thanks!  Great info.  Where are the blind spot sensors located?

Behind the back of the steps on the corners of your rear bumper. You can't see them from the outside. The step material must allow them to detect objects through them. If you get under the truck and look up behind the bumper you should be able to see them, or the wire harness that connects to them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 12:26 PM, Wellarmedlamb said:

I just picked up a 2020 AT4 HD Dmax and I get two messages on startup.  

Service Park Assist System

Service Side Detection System

Neither system works at all.

Any advice on what to look for would be appreciated.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Wellarmedlamb.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 GMC Sierra AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Wellarmedlamb/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 weeks later...

I visually wen through the wiring harness and everything seems to be good and intact.

Got it scanned:

B0958: Parking assist rear sensor left corner circuit, open circuit (Symptom 04).

U18A6: Lost communication with right objection detection control module on dedicated bus 1 (Symptom 00)

U0232: Lost communication with side object detection control module - left (Symptom 00)