Supercruise Lane Change Not Working

On 5/1/2023 at 8:38 AM, dieselfan1 said:

That is for sure a trip to the dealer. Hope they know what they're doing.

This is exactly the reason I didn't want supercruise on my 23 High Country. Too new and unreliable .

I'll drive it myself thank you.

Oh there's way more reasons to drive it yourself than it being 'too new and unreliable'. The biggest one is who's name is listed on the insurance policy? If gm isn't listed then you 100% need to drive it yourself, you have to be short on grey matter to not understand this basic fundamental. Piloting 2.5 tons of high speed death and carnage with federally granted license to do so isn't something you take lightly...EVER.

Remember, anyone buys a Tesla, auto pilot. 1. You just paid for a car you don't own as others have access to completely control your car whether you like it or not. 2. You're the one listed on the insurance...not Tesla, not whoever can drive you off a cliff or through a crowd etc.

Our society needs help, we truly have been dumbed down beyond belief. Onstar should be listed on every policy as long as it's active. Any connectivity to any control features of your car should be listed on your policy. Did you buy the car or not? Who's is it? Who's on the policy with all liability? Yeah, disconnect, delete, take that module out please. People...wake up. Take ownership and responsibility for there seriousness of piloting 2.5 tons of death at high speeds through public spaces...thats your bare minimum duty as a human being. 

Separate from my Truck, a couple weeks ago I rented a 2023 Yukon Denali and I got the "Service driver assist system message" on that also.  I still have not heard back from the dealership what they have concluded, if anything.  Mybe I just should not have bothered with it and let it be.  Even with Service driver assist system message only thing that appeared not to work right was the lane change.

Edited by Rinconmike

Picked up the truck from the dealer after two days.  Lane Change issue Not fixed.

For the Service driver assist system message the service advisor said they program several modules.  The RO printout noted they programmed the driver presence module.  They said it fixed the issue.  However, since this was sporadic and happened three or four times in the 700 miles I drove it, I will keep an eye on it to see if it comes back.

For the Unable to change lanes with Super Cruise, they said they tried to program the image processing module but it did not program.  GM requested they get the part number of the existing module and then order a new one.  Issue is to get the part number, they need to take the console apart.   Advisor made it sound like a big deal.  My concern is what do they damage doing this!  

Further issue is when they finally get the part number, the part may be back ordered. I am a bit baffled that they have to get the part number off the part and not just order it.  This may not even be the issue.

Considering they had the car for two days and I need it, I decided to take the car tonight. 

I am reaching out to
@GMCustomerService and see if they can assist.

Edited by Rinconmike

I called OnStar on Monday again noting this issue.  They ran me through vehicle refresh which I think just refreshes OnStar connection.  They passed me around to a few reps but most seemed to be customer service and not a technical person (each rep said they were transferring me to a tech).  The last rep recommended I file a lemon law claim and said look in the manual for that.  Yesterday I got a call from another rep following up on my lane assist issue that I called in on.  I noted it is the super cruise lane change not working and went over all the details.  She said she was going to open a case with the TAC team and will get back to me in 3 to 5 days.  I guess we will see what happens.  I would like to speak to someone at GM and not the dealer before the dealer takes the console apart to replace the image sensing module that they are not even confident is the issue (or they can even get).  My thought is the image sensing module is not just for lane change so if everything else seems to be working, that is not the issue (a guess).  So with everything else working I am still wondering if this is software and not hardware.

I am up to 1600 miles and have not seen the service driver assist system message since they updated something on that.

So I tried with haul mode on. I know that lane change does not work with haul mode on. I get the same message of unable to change lanes. Can someone with super cruise that lane change works try it with haul mode on and see if you get the same message and post the photo?

thanks. 

I had a Sierra little while back and was having issues left and right. Contacted California Lemon law Center to see if something could be done about it; they were able to get all my payments back and even some on top. Would highly recommend any of you who are experiencing issues with your cars to reach out and see if you have a case.

Here’s their website: https://californialemonlawcenter.com/

I am wondering if the computer things I am towing something.  I read along with lane change not working in haul mode, if you have a bike rack or anything hooked up to the hitch it will not work.  I assume the camera is what determines this.  I have nothing hooked up to the hitch and nothing blocking the cameras.

Still curios if anyone with Super cruise can put in haul mode and see of you get this message.  Or if you get something else or no message.  

thanks,

Mike

image.thumb.png.39b5fa52ebf1832dd92f0180792c9ccc.png

I found a youtube video of someone hauling a trailer and when he turned on the turn signal, same message pops up which sounds correct when towing since the automatic lane change does not work with hauling.

So I went into my trailer app and Guest Trailer was selected.  I have no custom trailers.  I found a setting of Acessory/No Trailer Profile and chose that.  Auto Lane Change did not work.  same message.  

I did not find a way to turn off any trailer profile.  

Reading through the manual, it says when 

No Trailer Connected
When there is no trailer connected, Trailer Profiles cannot be activated but most options can be edited.

I did not find an option of just no trailer or not select anything.  Even though Guest Trailer was selected as default, maybe it was not active.  

I think the issue I have is the truck thinks a trailer is connected.  I am guessing on this, but so is the dealer.  I am not ready for them to continue the fishing expedition of trying to figure it out.

Edit: When Guest Trailer is selected, it does note that it is not connected so probably not the trucking thinking a trailer is connected.

Edited by Rinconmike

On 5/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, 4banger said:

Oh there's way more reasons to drive it yourself than it being 'too new and unreliable'. The biggest one is who's name is listed on the insurance policy? If gm isn't listed then you 100% need to drive it yourself, you have to be short on grey matter to not understand this basic fundamental. Piloting 2.5 tons of high speed death and carnage with federally granted license to do so isn't something you take lightly...EVER.

Remember, anyone buys a Tesla, auto pilot. 1. You just paid for a car you don't own as others have access to completely control your car whether you like it or not. 2. You're the one listed on the insurance...not Tesla, not whoever can drive you off a cliff or through a crowd etc.

Our society needs help, we truly have been dumbed down beyond belief. Onstar should be listed on every policy as long as it's active. Any connectivity to any control features of your car should be listed on your policy. Did you buy the car or not? Who's is it? Who's on the policy with all liability? Yeah, disconnect, delete, take that module out please. People...wake up. Take ownership and responsibility for there seriousness of piloting 2.5 tons of death at high speeds through public spaces...thats your bare minimum duty as a human being. 

Wow, way to show how little you know about these things. You are still driving. You are still in charge. You are still responsible. These aren't hands off driving devices, so stop spreading fud about stuff you don't understand. Level 2 driving isn't "hands off" driving. I promise, even with my comma's limitations, it's still probably a better driver than the "average human in public spaces". 

So far just re-calibration and general check. Everything seemed fine. I am leaning towards it being a software issue and am hoping an upcoming software update fixes it.  It had been working just fine. I am probably going to wait for a software update before digging in to it much deeper with the dealer. I did confirm with OnStar that everything looks good on their end -service enrolled, etc.