Supercruise Lane Change Not Working

I have a 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate with Supercruise.  The Supercruise works but not the lane change.  I am not in Haul Mode.  When trying to change lanes I get the message that shows an Exclamation mark and says "Unable to change Lanes"

I tried with Lane Change setting on Automatic and also when I manually hit the blinker.

When I tried yesterday it was raining out and I tried this morning not raining but dark.  I have not had a chance to try during the day with better weather.

thanks,

Mike

That is for sure a trip to the dealer. Hope they know what they're doing.

This is exactly the reason I didn't want supercruise on my 23 High Country. Too new and unreliable .

I'll drive it myself thank you.

• Like 1

I called onstar and they put me in touch with a GMC rep.  Rep just stated the standard that sometimes it will not work depending on what it sees.   Then stated it could be a road where the super cruise works but not the lane Chane.  I tried on three roads.  Same thing.

I need to schedule.  everything else seems to work.  my concern is the dealer will just not know.

I wonder if it is a software update that is needed.  Right now system does not show any update is available.

Edited by Rinconmike

That was in an interstate parkway. Speed limit 55. I was just on I87 in ny.  Speed limit 65. Daylight. Good conditions and lines visible. Same thing. All sensors like blind side monitors and keep in lane work. Guess there are other sensors I do not see or have warnings on that may not work.  

no system updates available.  It sure where to look for the current version. I see android version. 

Did you verify that lane change is enabled in 'settings'?

The Super Cruise Lane Change feature can be customized  to be Off, On Demand Lane Change, or On Demand Lane Change & Automatic Lane Change through the vehicle personalization menu.

Touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page.

Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Super Cruise Lane Change”.

Yes. I also tried different settings and turning off and on. I will try turning off. Powering off the truck and then turn it on. I did not try that yet. With it off, there is no message on the display like the one I previously posted. 

Well I brought it in.  Two issues I reported are:

1. Unable to change lanes with Super Cruise

2. Service driver assist system message

They have no idea of the issue.  They said GM told them it might be a chip shortage issue and the chip is missing which does not sound right. And GM wants them to reprogram several things.  They need to keep it another day.

any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Rinconmike said:

Well I brought it in.  Two issues I reported 

They have no idea of the issue. 

So predictable. 

Edited by dieselfan1

17 hours ago, Rinconmike said:

Well I brought it in.  Two issues I reported are:

1. Unable to change lanes with Super Cruise

2. Service driver assist system message

They have no idea of the issue.  They said GM told them it might be a chip shortage issue and the chip is missing which does not sound right. And GM wants them to reprogram several things.  They need to keep it another day.

any thoughts?

There is very little data/diagnostic provided for supercruise. It is so new there aren't sure of issues yet and how to fix them so far would be my guess

• Like 1