Anyone else having this weird quirk?

Say it's 90 degrees outside. I get in my truck and naturally,  it's blazing hot inside. I start my truck and have the climate control set to 68 degrees and auto. The fan will blow full blast for about 15 seconds and then will just drop to barely blowing. When I hit the voice command on the steering wheel and say "cancel," the fan will start back blowing full blast again and slowly taper down as the truck cools off inside. Anyone else having this?

No help on the quirk, but inquisitive minds want to know... what made you hit the voice command and say "cancel"?

All I can think of is something in the infotainment system is listening and is lowering the fan speed down for better communication. I am now crawling back into my hole and putting on my tin hat.

Sounds the voice command system has the same function as when using a phone when connected thru the truck.

It will reduce fan speed when phone in use.

When call is over, heating/cooling/fan resumes. 

Makes clearer calls, but a long call can lead to uncomfortable temperature.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:49 AM, redwngr said:

Sounds the voice command system has the same function as when using a phone when connected thru the truck.

It will reduce fan speed when phone in use.

When call is over, heating/cooling/fan resumes. 

Makes clearer calls, but a long call can lead to uncomfortable temperature.

2x It's how the system works when the truck microphone is on to reduce background noise. My '11 LTZ Tahoe did the same thing. 

I have been having the same issue and I tried your trick and it worked, the system said "there's nothing to cancel" but once that was said the AC started blowing normally again, odd. 

Just a wild guess, any of you folks having this issue have Alexa or Google voice features enabled on your vehicles?  If so, I'd assume the mike is listening all the time.  Might be a side effect?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 10:12 PM, NW-Shadow21 said:

Same thing is happening in my 22 RST. It started happening after i had the infotainment system updated.

I just mute the radio for a moment and all is well! Definitely a glitch.

I tried muting but it didn't work for me.

• 3 weeks later...