10 speed Transmission Hot - Please help

Can the Manager give you a number to call at GM?

Does anyone know of a department at GM that handles cases like this?

Barring that, can you get all the documentation pertaining to your visits at that dealership regarding this issue, and take it all to another dealer? We are not confined to the dealership that we buy the truck from as you probably already know. And the dealerships do compete with one another for business, in sales, service, and warranty work.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

Can the Manager give you a number to call at GM?

Does anyone know of a department at GM that handles cases like this?

Barring that, can you get all the documentation pertaining to your visits at that dealership regarding this issue, and take it all to another dealer? We are not confined to the dealership that we buy the truck from as you probably already know. And the dealerships do compete with one another for business, in sales, service, and warranty work.

After our argument today I doubt he's going to be helpful to me at all lol. Yes, I have everything documented and that's my only other plan of action which is to take it to a dealer about 45 minutes away from me to see if they can give me a hand on it.

The dealer I'm dealing with now has a reputation of being TERRIBLE to deal with, (now I find out about it lol) but apparently the one down the road might be better, so I guess I'll give them a try. That said, I shouldn't have to, this should be a fairly straight forward escalation process. *shrugs*

Damn, you've got to be beyond frustrated. It looks like you have documented things well. Not sure where you reside but Lemon laws exist for a reason and that documentation, should it become necessary, will come in handy.

Not sure which manager you're dealing with but if it's the Service manager and he doesn't call you back as promised with a clear plan to make it right I'd speak with the General manager. Then the owner if that yields no fruit.

After that it's Defcon 5. Banging the drum with GM corporate. I'd start with the CEO. Contact a Lemon Law attorney if that option is available to you (and you've satisfied the requirements). Banners on a trailer parked in front of the dealership.

My comments may seem like I fly off-the-handle easily. I don't.

10 minutes ago, SVG said:

Damn, you've got to be beyond frustrated. It looks like you have documented things well. Not sure where you reside but Lemon laws exist for a reason and that documentation, should it become necessary, will come in handy.

Not sure which manager you're dealing with but if it's the Service manager and he doesn't call you back as promised with a clear plan to make it right I'd speak with the General manager. Then the owner if that yields no fruit.

After that it's Defcon 5. Banging the drum with GM corporate. I'd start with the CEO. Contact a Lemon Law attorney if that option is available to you (and you've satisfied the requirements). Banners on a trailer parked in front of the dealership.

My comments may seem like I fly off-the-handle easily. I don't.

Lol me neither, I'm a really agreeable guy but this is just getting to the point of being ridiculous and I'm beyond frustrated. I feel like I've tried everything and gone out of my way to try and help.

I haven't reached out to the general manager. I have been dealing with the service manager. I believe if it's anything like the service department will be fruitless as well.

I live in Canada, we really don't have much for lemon laws, but I do have the ability to deal with CAMVAP (which I'll avoid for now as it really seems to be a biased system) and just flat out taking them to court which I guess is an option and fortunately for me my wife works at a large legal firm so access to lawyers won't be an issue.

I'd prefer to just solve the issue, so for now I think my next best course of action will be taking it to the next closest dealer (about 45 mins from me) to have them look at it and see if they can come up with something. I mean, if it comes to going Def-con 5 so be it, but I'd really rather not.

EDIT: I appreciate the kind words though, it reassures me that I'm not being unreasonable here. My good nature makes me feel guilty after an hour or two of cooling off lol.

Edited by ArthurW
  • Like 1

Well it doesnt work. I have no idea how to attach something to a post . The bulletin number you should have them check is 22-NA-182, document ID number 6147440. It pertains to the problem that you are having. Hope this helps.257 is much too high.

Follow the path of the cooler lines and make sure they are not restricted or kinked in any way.Don't keep driving it with the temps that high. Fluid will degrade and loose all the additives  and lubrication properties put in it to protect the transmission. Just check it yourself and stop dealing with that crappy dealer.

21 minutes ago, mjm-1957 said:

Follow the path of the cooler lines and make sure they are not restricted or kinked in any way.Don't keep driving it with the temps that high. Fluid will degrade and loose all the additives  and lubrication properties put in it to protect the transmission. Just check it yourself and stop dealing with that crappy dealer.

I'll do that this weekend, and see if I can find anything. I appreciate it a lot.

You're right, it's hard to tell. The most obvious possibility is what I circled. But I'm really not sure. Please let us know what you find. and where exactly it is if you do find it.

kinkedTrannyLine.jpg

Edited by TrueBlue

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

You're right, it's hard to tell. The most obvious possibility is what I circled. But I'm really not sure. Please let us know what you find. and where exactly it is if you do find it.

kinkedTrannyLine.jpg

I'm actually looking at the alldata description for removal/replacement of the cooling lines and they look to be all metal lines on my application. I'll follow up with what I find.