Fuel Issues?

I'm gonna make this as short as possible for everybody reading this. 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 LTZ crew cab. During cold start no CEL comes on, no issues, runs great. Once it warms up after about 15ish minutes, the truck starts to bog and sounds cammed, raising and lowering the rpm trying to keep it alive before eventually dying. The truck is bone stock, and doesn't even have bigger tires on it. We've replaced the fuel pump, fuel module, and I believe more at this point. Been fighting this same issue for well over a year at this point. 

Multiple Chevy mechanics and dealerships have tried and failed, as well as a few data loggers have gone in and tried too find anything wrong with it and that's how we replaced what we have computer-wise. We are at a complete loss with this anymore and are about 20k into a truck we have no interest in actually keeping. 

I've read some things about these with similar issues, a lot of people pointing at the same things. Could it be the body control module? Could it be the actual fuel supply pump? Any help with this issue is very greatly appreciated and any direction you guys who might've had similar issues can point me in is also very appreciated. 

Thank you to all who read

• Like 1

You ought to get a scan tool that can record what's going on when the problem crops up. My first thought on reading this is that this is a problem when the system goes into closed loop mode once the motor gets to temp.  Could also be heat related.  So having said that I believe it's induction related, MAP, MAF sensor problem.

Try performing a fuel composition reset . There was a problem in some of those years where the percentage of alcohol would rise and skew the fuel trims and drivability issues would be the result. See what it is reading before you reset it. Should be 10% or less.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:53 AM, Syrius Ray said:

I'm gonna make this as short as possible for everybody reading this. 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 LTZ crew cab. During cold start no CEL comes on, no issues, runs great. Once it warms up after about 15ish minutes, the truck starts to bog and sounds cammed, raising and lowering the rpm trying to keep it alive before eventually dying. The truck is bone stock, and doesn't even have bigger tires on it. We've replaced the fuel pump, fuel module, and I believe more at this point. Been fighting this same issue for well over a year at this point. 

Multiple Chevy mechanics and dealerships have tried and failed, as well as a few data loggers have gone in and tried too find anything wrong with it and that's how we replaced what we have computer-wise. We are at a complete loss with this anymore and are about 20k into a truck we have no interest in actually keeping. 

I've read some things about these with similar issues, a lot of people pointing at the same things. Could it be the body control module? Could it be the actual fuel supply pump? Any help with this issue is very greatly appreciated and any direction you guys who might've had similar issues can point me in is also very appreciated. 

Thank you to all who read

Firstly, check out the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) and make sure it's all good – clean and working like a charm. If it's acting up, especially when the temperature changes, it could mess with your fuel delivery.

Also, pay attention to the throttle body. If it's gunked up or not doing its job, you might notice some wonky idling and subpar performance. Give it a good cleaning or think about swapping it out.

Considering the age of your ride, take a peek at those fuel injectors too. They can get all gunked up over time, messing with your fuel delivery. A pro cleaning or a possible replacement could be the fix.

You've tackled the electrical side by swapping out some parts, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look at the ignition system. Dodgy spark plugs or a wonky ignition coil can cause issues similar to what you've been dealing with.