Any fuse taps that FIT?

5 hours ago, ember1205 said:

Thanks... Out of curiosity...

Why the three-prong taps instead of the two-prong ones?

And

Which fuses did you insert them into for constant power? For switched power?

The hardwire kit for my dash cam is under $20, so I would consider still adding it down the road if it were actually easy to get these stupid things to work. :)

5 hours ago, ember1205 said:

Thanks... Out of curiosity...

Why the three-prong taps instead of the two-prong ones?

And

Which fuses did you insert them into for constant power? For switched power?

The hardwire kit for my dash cam is under $20, so I would consider still adding it down the road if it were actually easy to get these stupid things to work. :)

The 2 prong was disconnecting itself from the power source through vibration I guess. I have 2 one with 4 amp the other with 10 amp

Excellent question.  I was looking for switched power and constant power.  My hardwire kit for my camera (Thinkware) goes into Parking Mode when the switched power is killed but the constant power remains.

So the constant power was easy.  I used F3 (Garage Door Opener), which is a standard fuse. 

For switched power I used F26 (USB/SEO RAP), which is three pronged.  There were other good options for the three pronged fuse, F11, F32, F43, or F17.   I went with F26 because it was easiest to get my add a fuse into.  I actually like the fact that it is F26.... it is a Retained Power Accessory circuit so it preserves powers for 10 or so minutes before being killed. 

Here is a link to a helpful thread. 

• 2 weeks later...