P0011 issue day after tune install.

So installed a Diablo 87 octane tune yesterday. Drove 290 miles without issue. Best MPG I’ve ever had. This morning going to work i get this code. Truck doesn’t feel any different. Is this something to worry about or is it just cause i messed with the ecm? 
IMG_8816.thumb.jpeg.5a40e08aa529dfdf6bfee1283a2ce80d.jpeg

Personally, I'd clear the code & see if it comes back. I'm curious about your Diablo Tune. What engine & year is you truck and current miles. What was the gas mileage change?

1 hour ago, rav3 said:

Personally, I'd clear the code & see if it comes back. I'm curious about your Diablo Tune. What engine & year is you truck and current miles. What was the gas mileage change?

2014 5.3 6spd with 120k on it. Recently had temp sensor replaced, fuel gauge, front hubs, and lower ball joints. Applied the 87 octane tune per instructions to get a log. Drive 290 miles yesterday with a calculated average of 18.5 and computer said 19.7. 

9 minutes ago, 5RWill said:

2014 5.3 6spd with 120k on it. Recently had temp sensor replaced, fuel gauge, front hubs, and lower ball joints. Applied the 87 octane tune per instructions to get a log. Drive 290 miles yesterday with a calculated average of 18.5 and computer said 19.7. 

Given that the 5.3L only requires 87, what was the need to apply a tune specific for 87? Was it modded somehow or tuned previously?

31 minutes ago, ember1205 said:

Given that the 5.3L only requires 87, what was the need to apply a tune specific for 87? Was it modded somehow or tuned previously?

That’s the thing not modded have had it completely stock this entire time. I reapplied the tune with afm delete though cause the first time i applied it it didn’t delete afm. Which is the primary reason i got it was to avoid lifter failure. 

have you looked through info on the code with something like this? https://www.carparts.com/blog/p0011-code-a-camshaft-timing-over-advanced-bank-1/

There are different things that could cause it, including "circuit issues." Might want to take a look at where the various sensors that are part of the system are located and see if something is chaffed or similar. Could also be one of the sensors in the circuit it bad, too.

12 hours ago, ember1205 said:

have you looked through info on the code with something like this? https://www.carparts.com/blog/p0011-code-a-camshaft-timing-over-advanced-bank-1/

There are different things that could cause it, including "circuit issues." Might want to take a look at where the various sensors that are part of the system are located and see if something is chaffed or similar. Could also be one of the sensors in the circuit it bad, too.

I’m thinking it’s just a faulty sensor or circuit issue. I’m going to take it in though. 

Just now, 5RWill said:

I’m thinking it’s just a faulty sensor or circuit issue. I’m going to take it in though. 

What about locating a service manual that would give info on how to test some of those items yourself? The diag process at a dealer would likely be the larger part of the expense for you. If you're going the private mechanic route, you would likely be a little less costly overall.

4 minutes ago, ember1205 said:

What about locating a service manual that would give info on how to test some of those items yourself? The diag process at a dealer would likely be the larger part of the expense for you. If you're going the private mechanic route, you would likely be a little less costly overall.

Guess that’s a good point. I suppose it shows me how to do the test? 

23 hours ago, 5RWill said:

So installed a Diablo 87 octane tune yesterday. Drove 290 miles without issue. Best MPG I’ve ever had. This morning going to work i get this code. Truck doesn’t feel any different. Is this something to worry about or is it just cause i messed with the ecm? 
IMG_8816.thumb.jpeg.5a40e08aa529dfdf6bfee1283a2ce80d.jpeg

Electrical connection from ECM to cam pos sensor interuppted reset ECM and start out again so it all mates up. 

8 minutes ago, 5RWill said:

Guess that’s a good point. I suppose it shows me how to do the test? 

It may. Maybe someone -with- a service manual could chime in to let you know what sort of additional diag or testing info might be available. I know that there are ways to test the Oil Pressure Switches, but I didn't dig around on the internet in an effort to try and find details for the one I was recently troubleshooting. There seemed to be a high likelihood it was at least partially responsible for the issue I was having on my wife's Acura AND it was comparatively cheap and easy to replace. I didn't bother trying to test and just swapped it with a new one from Honda.

40 minutes ago, customboss said:

Electrical connection from ECM to cam pos sensor interuppted reset ECM and start out again so it all mates up. 

I’ve cleared it three times now. Flashed back to stock, then back to the 87 octane tune. Still throws the code. Though strangely 5 hours of driving Sunday it didn’t throw any codes. 

I also think i had the MPG booster tune applied because the mileage was way better than expected. After i reapplied the 87 octane tune it was right where i expected it to be 

Edited by 5RWill