2005 Silverado Radio Nightmare

Greetings everyone.  I would greatly appreciate some advice on this one.  I bought a 2005 Silverado that has a RDS Radio Changer with Bose amp in it but there is no sound.  All fuses are good, no sound, no OnStar and no chimes.  I was told it could be the radio or the amp so I installed an excellent condition radio cd changer OEM radio.  Still, no sound.  Was then told it HAS to be the amp.  Sent the AMP into United radio, had it rebuilt but still, no sound.  All factory wiring appears correct from what I can tell but is it possible the Radio CD Changer is not a BOSE capable radio?  I was told all cd changers for this year were the same.  Is this true?

Edited by mark97213

Do you have the part#s off the original radio and the one you purchased to swap in to it?

Won't be able to really get some answers tomorrow for you but I'm curious to see what you took out and put in and if I can cross/compare them.  

Yes, the radio that was in it was GM Part No. 10359577 and the one I replaced it with was the same part no. just in much better condition. My hope is that he had the wrong radio in it?  Thank you for your help.

I got it up and running.  Examining the master harness in the console, one of the pinouts would pushed out far enough when both sides are connected, which removed a single wires connection.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mark97213 said:

Yes, the radio that was in it was GM Part No. 10359577 and the one I replaced it with was the same part no. just in much better condition. My hope is that he had the wrong radio in it?  Thank you for your help.

4 hours ago, mark97213 said:

I got it up and running.  Examining the master harness in the console, one of the pinouts would pushed out far enough when both sides are connected, which removed a single wires connection.

10359577 goes to 15927261 for the latest service #.  Appears to be the correct radio for Bose for that year.  

13 minutes ago, newdude said:

10359577 goes to 15927261 for the latest service #.  Appears to be the correct radio for Bose for that year.  

Great to know.  Thank you for checking into that for me.