NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone get any prices from places that are willing to do the MOD? I have 2 people that have all the parts they need and are willing to drive down to my house and have me install it for them. I dont know what to charge them that would be fair. I figure 2-3 hours tops, for me to do the complete install, minus the theftlock removal that would be done by the dealer of course.

anyone get any prices from places that are willing to do the MOD?

Before you helped me out, all the car audio places in my area didn't know how to do the mod and just told me that it can't be done unless it's done at the dealer. And all they tried to do was sell me bunch of aftermarker stuff. Anyway, the car audio places in my area charge $40-$50 to install a head unit. But this mod is little more involved than just installing a head unit, especially if you have to go through what we went through to install the remote cd changer. It's hard to set a price for something that not too many people know how to do. Sorry for not being any help.

Crookedpat, it's a pretty much a straight forward install but I too would be hesitant to touch a truck that is a week old, especially Sierra Denali.

I went out and and started to mess around with it. And then i discovered how EASY IT WAS! It semi works. After I trick the unit out of theftlock by unhooking it, there still is no sound. I'm assuming that the sound will work after the unit is flashed? All the wheel controls work EXCEPT for the volume and Onstar button. I'm hoping to go in tommarow and get it flashed. HOPE being the keyword.

All the dealers around me wont do it, even cartoys wont install it. Mother wont let me rip apart my dash cuz ive only had it for 7 days.

My words of encouragment weren't needed after all. Good job, I think the sound should be working already though.

"...Good job, I think the sound should be working already though."

Great, if the sound isent working now, and its suppost to, whats wrong with it?!?!? Could it be the Theftlock? I hope it isent the AMP. I thought the AMP in an 04 SDenali would have been compatable.

well, it seems you have fell prey to the "AMP SITUATION". You need to upgrade your AMP. it has nothing to do with the head unit. This is the same thing i had to do in order to get mine functioning. There are a few steps that you need to take. First one being the AMP, you need to find a luxury AMP like the Denali's, and Cadillacs have. Mine was out of a denali, and its part # was 15199992. I will be more than happy to walk you through what you need to do to get it 100%. there are about 7 different model AMPS that will work. I am going to post a picture of what the AMP looks like at the end of this post. You can see the AMP by removing your storage compartment from your console (9 screws). The AMP is right below the storage compartment. Have a look and see if it looks the picture below. Then we can begin with the minor wiring changes that are needed and the antenna you will need. Good luck and let me know. If you want to talk one on one....PM me and i will give you my phone number.

amplifier.jpg

I got my sound to work, wOOt! Now the CD wont eject. Looks like the little motor was tampered with. Anyone have a unit that hasent been used...like brand new? Thanks for the offer linda. :crazy: This is most annoying :D Any ideas? I got screwed didnt I.

Archived