NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part number for the radio is 15204335. I also called 800-433-9657 and the price went up. 1450.08, but that is for a brand new unit. The company is called model electronics. Can any one help me with the wire changes that need to be done for this install to work. I am getting my pieces now and will be installing soon. Any help would be great.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE help. :cool:

Does any one have the wiring “changes” needed to install the Navigation head unit AND Amplifier to a non-Y91 Bose system? I have a 2004 Tahoe, Bose, XM, and OnStar.

In a past post Linda wrote: “there are some very minor wiring changes that need to be made at the AMP harness but they only took me about 20 minutes to do, and it doesn’t require any cutting, so if you want to return to your original setup, its not a problem.”

I have sent an email to Linda but, I was just wondering if anyone else knew what I need to do.

I have the wiring diagram for the 6 disc changer but I don’t know what I need to do to the amplifier’s wiring harness.

I have accumulated the laundry list of necessary parts including:

1. Navigation Head Unit----- #15204335

2. Navigation Disk----------------- #15105609

3. GPS ant------------------ #15207447

4. Amplifier--------------------- #15199992

5. AUX harness------------#15312903

6. AUX CD changer-------#15055250

Any help with this would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Looks like this thread refers to Full size p/u and suv. Does anyone have information on upgrading a Envoy/TB? They offer the same unit in 04 Envoy/TB/Ranier and was thinking of upgrding by 6 disc/Bose in my envoy.

Dave

The unit is the same, it just depends your set up now and a few other variables. Do you have the BOSE system now, in the truck? What year is YOUR truck? What type of amplifier do you have installed now(luxury or non-luxury)? They make two different NAV head units now, one luxury version, and one non-luxury type that uses the stock PU amplifier. Also, I would need the wiring diagram for your vehicle, I do not have it. I am still waiting for my service cd. Things like this is what you would need to know, but yes, there is one for you, and they are great.

Well I just got my HU and now I am confused. I thought there were only two possible part numbers 15204335 and 15204334. Mine is 15108421 and under the part number is says "'04 GMT800 NON LUX" does any one know if this will work? And if the wireing is all the same? I talked to linda and she has never heard of the part number. Any help would be great.

Rick

Well the "non lux" HU is the way to go. It is just plug and play. no wireing changes at all and everything works. I did have to make some additions so that the cd changer worked but all information is in this site.

Rick :puke:

Rick, does the non-lux radio offer the various sound fields such as ..."spacious", "driver", "passenger", and "Normal"??? Does it offer you a "mid-range EQ? I have heard that there a few audio options that are not available on the "non-LUX models because of the stock AMP.

Rick, does the non-lux radio offer the various sound fields such as ..."spacious", "driver", "passenger", and "Normal"???  Does it offer you a "mid-range EQ?  I have heard that there a few audio options that are not available on the "non-LUX models because of the stock AMP.

Linda, from what I have I been told by a GM Regional Service Rep, in November 2003 GM had problems getting the radios to recognize the Bose Amps or they were unable to program them. This appears to be caused by the Class 2 data bus.

My factory ordered 04 Envoy (Feb 04) appears to have the Bose system, but the sound quality of the 02-03 Bose systems, is not there. My factory Nav system does not have the spacious, driver, talk and normal settings. I have 5 EQ setting 1 custom and a speed compensated volume setting. I did ask the Rep if Bose was consulated about the change, and he wasn't sure. It appears the change after Nov 03 basically bypassed the DSP in the Bose Amps and just gives you a amplifed radio. The dealership did swap out my HU and AMP, but could get no sound, so I am still with my original hardware.

I hope Bose and GMC can get a fix for this because my "Bose" sounds horrible.

Linda,

I have installed a 15204334 unit in my truck. What wiring changes are needed at the amplifier?

I have tried to purchase a 15199992 amplifier from GMPARTS DIRECT.COM but the part number keeps changing to a 1514454. This is the part number to an amplifier that I have recently purchased but it did not work.

Thank you, you have already given me more information from your posts than any Chevy dealer!

Richard

hit me up at my e-mail addy and i will get you the document needed for the wiring changes. They are very easy to do. I was going to post it here as a .jpg but i dont have a remote site to host the pic as a URL. I also have one AMP left on E-bay for sale that is compatible for the "LUXURY" NAV setups. Just do a search for "GM BOSE AMP" and you will find it.

I had a feeling that those sound field options would be lost with the "NON-LUX" NAV unit. The sound difference was night and day from my non-lux AMP to my new setup. I enjoy the various sound field options, kinda like a home theater setup in your truck. There were many stories of dealers not being able to program the AMP/HU combo. I learned the hard way.....the first one i had, i tried to get programmed even though it seemed to be working fine. Sure enough the TECH II killed the AMP. So from now on i recommend you find an AMP that has already been programmed in another vehicle before you install it in your own.

Archived