NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to buy a new new nav unit. The one I got is toast. Anyone got one that NOT BROKEN?!?!?!?

From page 3 of this thread:

For those interested. Found the Nav HU distributor selling these for $1245 shipped, NEW. Better than EBAY. (800) 433-9657.

Does the head unit function normally other than not ejecting the cd? You really only need to get the cd out and your nav dvd in one time. I'd find an electronics repair shop to look at it for you or open it up yourself and try to manually remove the disc. You might call these guys and ask:

http://carstereohelp.com/gmc.htm

Good Luck! I hope you get it working soon!

Rick

HELLLOOO!

I made the effort to post the price of NEW units through the GM distributor, which cost LESS than the opening bid of these USED units. :thumbs:

Any idea why?

Yea it seems crazy that anyone would buy a used one thats

1. More expensive

2. Potential not working

Any ideas about what the antenna and dvd cost through stealership?

Use gmpartsdirect.com with the part numbers that Linda listed on the first page of this thread.

gmcpartsdirect.com does not have the nav head unit (#15204335 or #15204334) when you search for these part numbers. Does the (800) 433-9657 place have a website online?

I need to buy a new new nav unit. The one I got is toast. Anyone got one that NOT BROKEN?!?!?!?

From page 3 of this thread:

For those interested. Found the Nav HU distributor selling these for $1245 shipped, NEW. Better than EBAY. (800) 433-9657.

Does the head unit function normally other than not ejecting the cd? You really only need to get the cd out and your nav dvd in one time. I'd find an electronics repair shop to look at it for you or open it up yourself and try to manually remove the disc. You might call these guys and ask:

http://carstereohelp.com/gmc.htm

Good Luck! I hope you get it working soon!

Rick

The unit wont read the Cd nor eject it. So I think every with it is messed up.

Linda and Poonis

adapter for changer 15312903, I am getting indications that would not work for me, it is listed as 'non-onstar". I have onstar, is there a correct harness for an 04 sierra 2500HD w onstar?

Michael

the model number on my changer is 15207055, was told it came out of an 04 denali. It has 8 pins, in what looks to be a 9 pin receptacle. Is that right? Will it work in my 04 2500HD?

Linda, how about posting your fancy wiring schematic!

i added the colors to that DOC to represent where the wires go....they DO NOT represent the ACTUAL colors of the wires in the harness loom. These are the connectors on the back of your HU.

Thanks!

So as to clarify then, the 903 harness is used one end, the other end dismantled, correct? The other end of the plug is not used?

The 2 plugs you show at the top, are already plugged into the HU?

A quote from a prior post:

The 2003 changers use 6 wires: (even though there are 9 in the wire harness)

1. +voltage

2. ground

3. audio right +

4. audio left +

5 audio common (-)

6 Data bus

Why does my changer have 8 wires running into it?

Michael

Archived