NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This Thread Is Getting REALLY LONG!!! Anyway I Have a 2004 Yukon XL With Factory 9 Speaker Bose System And An AM/FM/XM/6 Disc HU As Well As Steering Wheel Control's And Rear Seat Entertainment. I Recently Bought The Navigation HU (model # 15204335) I Would Like To Know If This Is Correct So Far As I Am Now Reading Up on This BOSE LUX & NON LUX Nonsense....I Looked In My Glovebox And Saw A Sticker With Loads Of Codes But Not Y91 or Y92..A Few Codes With Y but not Those. Does This Mean That I have The Bose Amp But NOT the Bose LUX amp?? I Know The Car Was Built With The BOSE Radio And Speakers Because I Drove It Out Of The Showroom Like That...Can Somebody Like The NAVI/CD Changer GOD Linda Help Me With This??? I Would REALLY Like To Get Navigation AND the 6 disc in my Car!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just converted over to an 06 TNR NAV unit in my 04 yukon (prem bose). I installed the 6 disc cd changer and whenever I try to play a cd the radio, gauges, dash lights and some other things turn off. I wired it up correctly and even double checked the pin outs but they are all correct. Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Brian

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra w/Bose (Non Lux, UC6, UQ7) and am looking on Ebay for a nav unit. I came accross an '06 Non-Lux model (10373724) with the nav cd behind the screen (so I won't need to install a changer). Will this unit work for my application?

Great thread BTW!

Has anyone ever heard of a Y92 truck not actually having the lux amp? I am trying to install a TNR in my 06 H2 and it has the Y92 option code but I have no sound. The dealer tried programming it and it wont work. I have no sound, no chimes or anything. The person I bought it from is telling me that some H2s dont have the lux amp even though I have the option code for it in the glove box. Anyone have any info for me? Should I try a different dealer to program it or is what this guy is telling me true?

Has anyone ever heard of a Y92 truck not actually having the lux amp? I am trying to install a TNR in my 06 H2 and it has the Y92 option code but I have no sound. The dealer tried programming it and it wont work. I have no sound, no chimes or anything. The person I bought it from is telling me that some H2s dont have the lux amp even though I have the option code for it in the glove box. Anyone have any info for me? Should I try a different dealer to program it or is what this guy is telling me true?

That is true. Some hummers with Y92 did not come with lux amps

That is true. Some hummers with Y92 did not come with lux amps

thanks for the info. How would i know for sure? would i be able to tell by the factory radio?

Also does anyone know exactly where the factory satellite antenna is located in the H2? And can someone please confirm for me that it is the same antenna as the ones used in all the other trucks?

thanks again

• 2 months later...

I just installed a 2004 LUX Nav unit into my 05 Sierra Denali and it was simply a plug-n-play deal. switching the XM over to Sirius was a bit more difficult.

Is there some trick to locating the GPS antenna for the NAV? the thing only wants to reposition itself every 30 seconds or so? This is bizarre...

I simply placed it under the dash in an area where there was no metal inteference. I 2-sided taped the netal side down to a metal bracket leaving the "ship" side up and un obstructed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
everything has been sent to you "2003blackz71". I would be more than happy to post my schematics and wiring diagrams if someone has a page they wanna host the pics from. I just have them saved on my drive, this forum is setup to only except hosted pictures, not direct links.

Linda, Poonis and all the rest of you are awesome in your knowledge!

I have read all 61 pages of this post, but man it is hard to keep track of all the details to figure out which Nav unit will fit my truck correctly as plug-n-play.

I have a 2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL with Bose, but without Y91 as the code and no 6-disc changer.

1) Will the Non-touch screen HU part number "15108421" (04' GMT800 Non-LUX) fit into my vehicle as plug-n-play assuming I buy and install the GPS antenna? (This unit came out of a 2004 Hummer H2)

2) What other units will fit in my truck as plug-n-play, assuming I buy and install the GPS antenna?

3) Do you suggest the touch screen over the non-touch screen?

****Please keep in mind that I just want a quick install of a stock navigation unit to use, I'm not looking for real high tech options or anything special.

I want to thanks all of you for your help!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Very nice Poonis! That looks nice and clean. I assume all your sterring wheel controls work fine like mine right? Excellent job. Any problems cutting that pocket out? It was a little tricky for me around the top where those plastic tabs were connected to the upper pocket, but a little shaving and sanding and it worked perfect.

Hi guys,

I too is putting in the 6 disk changer with Nav sys. My problem is the inner pocket where the changer slides in to mount, there's a mold piece with a hole that blocks the changer. Did you cut that mold out too? I also saw no mounting holes for the bracket to hold.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

i would also love to know the answer to many of these questions, but it seems most of the discussion on this has turned to the GMT900. That and the last post was almost a year ago (not trying to be rude 03LThoe or Europe). Don't think a lot of the knowledgable members are paying attention to this anymore. If they are, help on this topic is always useful.

i would also love to know the answer to many of these questions, but it seems most of the discussion on this has turned to the GMT900. That and the last post was almost a year ago (not trying to be rude 03LThoe or Europe). Don't think a lot of the knowledgable members are paying attention to this anymore. If they are, help on this topic is always useful.

This post is long so I did find my answers going thru the pages. :D I should've done that first before posting. My bad! :lol: Now I just need to figure out what's the best tool to cut.... rotary tool maybe but not sure I want to drop nearly $100 bucks for it or a $6 mini hack saw. :dunno:

Archived