NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

UQ7 is the Bose speaker system, you could have that with the lux or the non-lux amp.

If you don't see Y91 or Y92 then you don't have the lux amp.

Thanks a lot. :loser: The unit is 15229287 and from other posts I assume this will work. Just want to make sure. You have been extemley helpful

After all this time I have finally purchased a nav unit from e-bay. It is a new 2006 model for a non lux application and it came complete with head unit, 4.1 dvd, and antenna. I installed it and everything seems to work fine except for one small problem. The indicator on the gps screen for the vehicle does not point in the direction the vehichle is traveling. It is showing the correct position on the road but is kind of jerky because I have not figured out the vss wire yet. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks

you do need the vss wire I have seen where many people said you did not need it but it works very eractic without it, I would put a switch in the wire so your passenger can program the TNR while you are moving & if you trvel very far with the switch in the open position it will take some time before the TNR corrects itself as to your position, you need to add the VSS wire to the HU 12 pin connector in the "E" position, this should be empty, you can pick up VSS at the gauge cluster connector in the A4 position and it should be a dark green wire with white tracer, the terminal you need for the E position in the 12 pin connector is a gm part # 12089649, this should get you going.

good luck Bob

Thanks for your help. The unit is working fine. I just had to drive it a little ways and the orientation started working. I'm not going to connect the VSS wire at this time. The jumping is not that bad and I'm going to wait until I put in the rest of the mods before dismantling the dash again. My next project is a 6 disk changer and back-up camera. :gmc:

I like the idea of a switch and I will do that.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://duramax.onlinedesk.net/navinstall/

Try that, if that is not enough for you, let me know. I have 50+ pages of info and pics for you if needed.

hey thats mine!!! :cry:

--Ben

by the way drdiesel, are you a member on the Diesel Place??

U bet. By the way, you did a great job with that write up. Hope you don't mind me sharing. :confused:

I have a quick question, (great site by the way) I put the non-lux P/N: 15229287 in my 05 silverado. Everything works great but the chimes are crazy loud and the volume turns off when it should still have some left. Any ideas to what i need to do? Bypass the amp in the console?

so i purchased a non-lux head unit on ebay (part #15229287) and when it arrived today, it is part #15230099. they seller asked me if i need lux/non-lux because he reprograms them and clears the VIN. could he have reporgrammed a lux to a non-lux?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless someone swapped out the sticker on you, 0099 is a lux touchscreen nav unit; I know 'cuz I have that exact one in my DXL. I've heard of the possibility of reprogramming a nav from lux to non-lux and vice versa, but have never seen it validated in person...

wow, what a thread! TOO much info!

Anyways, I just bought an 06 Yukon SLT 4SB. I've checked, no Y91 option, just the UQ7 (?) premium Bose option. I really wanted the TNR, but the dealer couldn't find one w/in 500 miles in the color/options I wanted :sigh:

So, I know I need radio 10377287. I have the 6 disc indash, xm, onstar and steering wheel controls. From what I've gathered, I just need to buy this radio, and hook it up, and do the VSS wire ?

I haven't really found anything on 2006 models, so I just wanted to make sure before I bought. I've found a few of them on ebay for under 1000 bux. I know I'll need to buy the antenna and a nav dvd. I don't want to change the amp out, so I'm going to stick with the non-lux HU.

now, once I get it and put it in, I guess I'll know if it's locked right? Something will display on the screen and it won't work? That's when I take it in and let the tech unlock it.

Also, I read elsewhere that it may be necessary to turn the volum up before you remove the old unit. How far up should it be? all the way? 1/2?

I'm new to GM trucks, so I'm sure I'll be here alot. I think I've overused the search function already :thumbs:

got the radio on it's way

looking for the antenna, I put in the part number at gmpartsdirect.com and it comes back as a power antenna module

GM PART # 15135178

CATEGORY: Power Radio Antenna Module

PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $100.95

OUR PRICE: $50.48

DESCRIPTION: MODULE

is that the correct part number, just the wrong description? Anywhere else I can get one? Ebay doesn't seem to have but one

Try that, if that is not enough for you, let me know. I have 50+ pages of info and pics for you if needed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How far back from the front, did you cut the black pocket out for the CD changer?, I don't want a create a large gap between the outside trim of the changer and the trim around the pocket.

Thanks,

Robert

How far back from the front, did you cut the black pocket out for the CD changer?, I don't want a create a large gap between the outside trim of the changer and the trim around the pocket.

Thanks,

Robert

3/16 of an inch, mine sits flush with the cdx. :D

• 2 weeks later...

looking for the antenna, I put in the part number at gmpartsdirect.com and it comes back as a power antenna module

GM PART # 15135178

is that the correct part number, just the wrong description? Anywhere else I can get one? Ebay doesn't seem to have but one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, I need to order this soon, can anyone confirm?

GM PART # 15135178

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the right one for you. Good part number for the antenna. Ebay does have one. Search "gm navigation", there is one on there for $64. He has 6 of them now.

GM PART # 15135178

That's the right one for you. Good part number for the antenna. Ebay does have one. Search "gm navigation", there is one on there for $64. He has 6 of them now.

thanks! I saw that one on ebay also. Will order today :confused::D

Archived