Attn:MountaineerTom 99Z71

Since I got my lift kit I have been noticing a chirp at take off from a dead stop coming from the rear leafs, I was wondering if this is the noise that you were hearing when you had the dealer install the spring insulators. This noise is driving me nuts. Do you think some grease on the splines would help (part number ???). Also I checked with the dealer and the part number you have for the insulators is for one, the price is ?.22 so were talking a hundred dollar bill here.

Thanks, JB

JB,

I didn't have any noises when taking off from a dead stop.  Mine were happening while driving and then hitting a dip or bump in the road.  Here's some info on Tech Service Bullitens (TSB's) that may help you.

http://www.geocities.com/crackeregg/99-04-21-004.html

Service Info Index

Wow. ?.22 each!  Glad mine were covered under warranty.

Hope this helps.

Well I took it in for that in December and they told me that I allready had the different "blue" fluid. I believe the noise is a result of the increased angle of the drive shaft due to the lift. The drive shaft is actually pulled out of the tranny about 3/4" or so. I think it might br that play that is causing the noise. I have heard of a special grease that GM has to curb that noise, I know it doesn't last long but I don't mind re-applying it if it corrects this problem. I thought you or someone would know the part number for the special grease. thanks

Archived