Colorado Dashboard Removal

i was wondering if anyone has removed the dash on the 04 colorado or canyon. i want to install a 12 disc cd changer and need to run the wires and fm mod box behind the dash. it looks like the dash around the head unit is separate from the rest of the dash, but i havnt found any screw holes underneath or anything. any help would be good.

• 2 years later...

Let me know if you figure it out! I have a 2005 that I want to replace the lame stock stero with a aftermarket unit. Dont really want to bust up the plastic to get it out. They sure dont make them like they use too....seems everything snaps together with little clips that are one time use only. Once you break em your done!

• 2 months later...

you dont have to pull the dash... just the bezel around the radio, its just held in by clips, grab it at the top and pull, dont be afraid... then the radio is held by 3 7mm bolts...

/servlets/RetrieveTif?pic=1251719Carefully use a plastic flat-bladed tool to release the trim plate retaining clips.
Remove the trim plate from the instrument panel (I/P).
Disconnect the electrical connectors, as necessary.
If necessary, remove the center air outlets. Refer to Air Outlet Replacement - Instrument Panel - Center .

• 3 months later...

When I was installing fog lights on my Silverado, i had to remove the large trim panel around the instrument cluster to instlal the switch. No screws anywhere in sight. Turns out you just grabbed one corner and pulled it out. The whole thing was attached by clips, but i am sure glad I did not break any of them.

Archived