new belltech 2" drop spindles won't fit

Guest Friz

I 've been having so much fun the past month..  first I get the rear end rebuilt and switched over from 3.08 to 3.73's..  that was cool but ended up costing about 150 more than what they initially quoted because of other parts that where bad.  2 weeks later the diff starts to leak.. I bring it in and they tell me it's probably just the pinion seal that was defective or misinstalled...  they call me up later and tell me it's because the yoke has a groove in it and it's damaging the seal.. so now I have to pay for a new yoke.   the following week it's time to install the 4" drop in the rear. I find out the bolts for the leaf springs are seized in the bushings.  now I have to bring it to a spring shop to have that rectified..  finally we get the 4 " drop installed with a few more headaches..  this week it's time to install the 2" drop spindles..  I find out the lower ball joints need replacing and the bearings won't fit on the new spindles..  I triple check part #'s with belltech's guide and they are suppose to be the right ones.. anyone  else ever run into this problem?

I feel bad for you...  This truck has been a nightmare hasn't it!!!  I can't help you with this problem (sorry), because I've never even ridden in a truck that has been lowered let alone worked on one.  Hopefully someone else can help you...

Good Luck

Well I know what the problem is now.  the model 2400 which is what I need is also stamped on the model 2500 spindles because the only difference is the pin size.  they use the same casting.  the guy on ebay that sold em to me advertised them as being model 2400 when they are actually model 2500..  I think I found someone to buy these now and I'll order the right ones.. it will end up costing me ? canadian difference..

Ya know, as much trouble as that Chevy's given you, I am really surprised that you are still with us. Usually people that have the kind of trouble that you've had switch brands. Well, no one would blame you if you did, but thanks from me for sticking with it and not trashing GM all over the place.

That's one thing I worry about when buying used stuff, especially on Ebay.  Somtimes the seller doesn't know what the heck they're selling and you get screwed as a result.  Sounds like it will turn out OK for you after all, though.

Hang in there, just keep thinking about how great it will be when your truck is done and you're cruising around again!

Jeff

Archived