01 denali problem

My 2001 yukon denali has two problems. The first is that the interior lights at night dim when you step on the brake, and you can see the volts go down on the dash meter, then when you accelerate they go to normal? The other problem is maybe from the transmission? or transer case? im not sure, but when you go from drive to reverse theres a delay then a bump into reverse. Then when you driving normal (30mph) and say your coming to a red light then it turns green and go to continue theres another bump, almost like its stuck in second? please help?

I am not sure about the trans/bumping problem, but I will tell you there is a lot of noises these things make that is considered normal. As to the lights dimming, I would be willing to bet you have a weak battery. Is it the original? I had to replace the battery in my 02 in the fall and it was doing some weird stuff up until the time I replaced it that I really did not relate to the battery, just figured something was screwed up. Well, when I replaced the battery things went back to normal. Just my $.02. I would not think your alternator would be bad already. Take her to an autozone and have them do a free battery/alternator check. I am figuring the reason the lights are dimming is due to the electrical load of having the brake lights come on.

Archived