HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A POSI!!

Very Simple answer! Do what I did!

1) Put your foot firmly on the brake

2) Stomp the gas to the floor

3) Sit there for a for seconds and let go of the brake.

4) Turn around and check for 2 marks on the road

Mine left 2 marks and a $hit load of smoke!  :chevy:  :cheers:  :)

yeah i can do that everytime i punch the gas i leave two big black marks and when i power

break it but when it is jacked up in the air i turn one wheel forward and the other one goes backwards. :(

Mine left 2 marks and a $hit load of smoke!  :chevy:  :cheers:  :)

yeah i can do that everytime i punch the gas i leave two big black marks and when i power

break it but when it is jacked up in the air i turn one wheel forward and the other one goes backwards. :(

It sounds like you have the G80 then. The G80 acts like an open diff during normal driving. It only locks together if one wheel starts to slip. If its jacked up it will act like an open diff,and the tires will spin in opposite directions.

Mine left 2 marks and a $hit load of smoke!  :chevy:  :cheers:  :(

It sounds like you have the G80 then. The G80 acts like an open diff during normal driving. It only locks together if one wheel starts to slip. If its jacked up it will act like an open diff,and the tires will spin in opposite directions.

thanks for the help now i gotta find out if it is going bad and needs to rebuilt somthing in my truck is making a loud rumble only over 80mph and when i use the gas ONLY OVER 80 it sucks .but it is getting worst i can hear it at 30 i little there is a sqeeky noise and clicking help !!

:)

Squeak and clicking at low speeds could also be u-joints, but which it is can be verified with a proper diagnosis. 80 MPH? Only seen that once in an S-truck, wasn't the ZR2 (don't THINK I've been there yet) but it WAS a 4x4, made it to 95, only once and only for a VERY short time maybe 30 secs to a min. That can get scary.

Mine left 2 marks and a $hit load of smoke!  :chevy:  :seeya:  :)

good times good times... :):)

As already mentioned, check the RPO sticker inside the glovebox door. That sticker is the bible for your truck.

If you see "G80" then you have the locker.

I'm guessing you're a 4.3 if you can lay rubber. I had a 2002 S-10 4.3 5-speed ZQ8 and it was alot of fun. :seeya:

Steve

As already mentioned, check the RPO sticker inside the glovebox door.  That sticker is the bible for your truck.

I'm guessing you're a 4.3 if you can lay rubber.  I had a 2002 S-10 4.3 5-speed ZQ8 and it was alot of fun.  :chevy:

Steve

yeah i dont have the sticker anywhere in my truck that sticker should have my paint code i went looking to the paint code and the g80 code not in my truck but i did find out i do have the g80

thanks guys!!! :seeya:

As already mentioned, check the RPO sticker inside the glovebox door.  That sticker is the bible for your truck.

I'm guessing you're a 4.3 if you can lay rubber.  I had a 2002 S-10 4.3 5-speed ZQ8 and it was alot of fun.  :chevy:

Steve

yeah i dont have the sticker anywhere in my truck that sticker should have my paint code i went looking to the paint code and the g80 code not in my truck but i did find out i do have the g80

thanks guys!!! :seeya:

If you don't have the code then you don't have the limited slip.

Archived